anyone successfully contact gasbike.net?

GoldenMotor.com

Tartarus

Jul 12, 2013
united states
Hi everyone, first post!

Ok, so I bought a Skyhawk gt5 from gasbike.net and I didn't receive a chain tensioner with my kit, and I cannot contact them, they don't pick up because I told them that I didn't get a tensioner, I googled them now and a thing pulls up with people complaining that its impossible to contact them with a problem, and I went to kings motorbikes webpage and there used to be a direct phone number there but now its gone, only the 877 number shows up, does anybody know how to contact them? I'm mad, and I'm going to get the tensioner, and I won't stop until I can get through to them.

Thanks for the help!

Allen

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Hi everyone, first post!

Ok, so I bought a Skyhawk gt5 from gasbike.net and I didn't receive a chain tensioner with my kit, and I cannot contact them, they don't pick up because I told them that I didn't get a tensioner, I googled them now and a thing pulls up with people complaining that its impossible to contact them with a problem, and I went to kings motorbikes webpage and there used to be a direct phone number there but now its gone, only the 877 number shows up, does anybody know how to contact them? I'm mad, and I'm going to get the tensioner, and I won't stop until I can get through to them.

Thanks for the help!

Allen
Sorry to hear about your problems, and this is exactly why I purchase thru EBay
this is gasbike.nets ebay store maybe you can get some help there
http://myworld.ebay.com/nationwidestores/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754

Tartarus

Jul 12, 2013
united states
Sorry to hear about your problems, and this is exactly why I purchase thru EBay
this is gasbike.nets ebay store maybe you can get some help there
http://myworld.ebay.com/nationwidestores/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754
Yeah I just found the eBay store about 30 seconds before you posted that, thanks for confirming my thoughts though!
I'm going in messaging them like I've heard great things about them, then I'm going to try to get a contact number or at least get them to send me a tensioner.

Mar 31, 2013
RI
Hi everyone, first post!

Thanks for the help!

Allen
...while it stinks that you're having trouble getting a response from any vendor the fact is that the stock tensioner is a POS and should probably be replaced anyway.

...btw, here is a much better option from a new member that looks like a real improvement over the stock POS, i haven't bought one myself yet but i'm seriously considering it.

49 66 80cc Bicycle Engine Chain Tensioner - Motor Mounted - Spring Loaded

...and here is a link to the thread where he first offers up his new design.

Would like to offer a new engine mounted chain tensioner to the motorbike community!

...btw, i'm not saying you should stop trying to get some sort of satisfaction from gasbike, maybe a partial refund, but what i am saying is that them not sending you a crappy chain tensioner you'd probably want to replace anyway isn't something you should let yourself get too worked up over.

...considering how unsafe they sometimes are, maybe they did you a favor.

peace, bozo

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
...while it stinks that you're having trouble getting a response from any vendor the fact is that the stock tensioner is a POS and should probably be replaced anyway.

...btw, here is a much better option from a new member that looks like a real improvement over the stock POS, i haven't bought one myself yet but i'm seriously considering it.

49 66 80cc Bicycle Engine Chain Tensioner - Motor Mounted - Spring Loaded

...and here is a link to the thread where he first offers up his new design.

Would like to offer a new engine mounted chain tensioner to the motorbike community!

...btw, i'm not saying you should stop trying to get some sort of satisfaction from gasbike, maybe a partial refund, but what i am saying is that them not sending you a crappy chain tensioner you'd probably want to replace anyway isn't something you should let yourself get too worked up over.

...considering how unsafe they sometimes are, maybe they did you a favor.

peace, bozo
This is true usually I get it for the engine and replace everything else
and remember you catch more flies with honey than vinegar
although I never could figure out what to do with all the flies:)

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
If you can't get in touch with them, I've got a tensioner that I'll send you....no charge.

Just let me know!

By the way, the first link that Bozo listed is what I replaced my original tensioner with.....

Mark

Mar 31, 2013
RI
If you can't get in touch with them, I've got a tensioner that I'll send you....no charge.

Just let me know!

By the way, the first link that Bozo listed is what I replaced my original tensioner with.....

Mark
this is the kind of spirit that keeps me coming back here despite the censorship issues on this site.

thanks xseler for your kind and sharing heart.

peace, bozo

Tartarus

Jul 12, 2013
united states
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I cannot use the engine mounted tensioner, I am mounting to an occ schwinn stingray, and my chain must go under the frame on the bottom. I might just take you up on that offer xseler, I will pay you for shipping if you can't get it in an envelope.

When I finish my stingray I'll be sure to post some pictures and a video!

Mar 31, 2013
RI
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I cannot use the engine mounted tensioner, I am mounting to an occ schwinn stingray, and my chain must go under the frame on the bottom. I might just take you up on that offer xseler, I will pay you for shipping if you can't get it in an envelope.

...here are a couple of other options you might want to consider.

CHAIN TENSIONERS, SPRING LOADED CHAIN TENSIONERS,WHITE IDLER WHEEL, 415 CHAINS

peace, bozo

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Unit is on the way.....hopefully, you'll get it Monday.

Good luck with your build! Be sure to upload pictures as you can.

Tartarus

Jul 12, 2013
united states
well, apparently after I emailed them on ebay and "threatened" to leave negative feedback they *magically remembered* all of the emails I sent them... I found a chain tensioner on my bed when I arrived home from an RYS youth convention in Minnesota, at which I met a few other people who had built motorized bikes before, which was pretty neat.
my bike should be finished by this thursday, lights and all, I am going to bring it to our Church's Cruise in this thursday, as well as a classic truck to haul it in.

Last edited: