*Testing the waters* parting out Skyhawk Gt2a build

GoldenMotor.com

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
Selling Grubee 66cc bottom half. -$30 + shipping. --this is for parts. Will not guarantee it is complete or running.

Selling Grubee Skyhawk GT2a 95% paint stripped. Comes with pedals, cranks and fork! Throw some wheels on and go! -$150 + shipping

There's dozens of other parts as well. The CDI, some spare parts from the kit (sprocket etc.) I'll add some pics later. Send me a PM or email and I'll answer questions.

[email protected]

Last edited:

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
Asking $150+ shipping for the frame. You get forks, a stem 2speed cranks and pedals.

$30 for the bottom + plus shipping. Paypal only.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Looked gas.net and I was amazed to find that I could buy a BRAND NEW GT 2- A FOR $169.99 PLUS SHIPPING ( FED-X GROUND) FOR $21.95 So I decided if I were going to purchase a GT2A for 21 bucks I could have a brand spanking new one in the box . $150.00 + shipping seems a bit pricey for me .

CoolCruiser

Jun 15, 2012
Massachusetts
Looked gas.net and I was amazed to find that I could buy a BRAND NEW GT 2- A FOR $169.99 PLUS SHIPPING ( FED-X GROUND) FOR $21.95 So I decided if I were going to purchase a GT2A for 21 bucks I could have a brand spanking new one in the box . $150.00 + shipping seems a bit pricey for me .
Then why not just do that and not crap on this guy's sale thread? This is the only forum I've been on in 14 years that doesn't have an official policy about this. No matter what someone lists for a price people are going to make an lower offer. If you know where to buy something for less, just do it, or make a reasonable offer.

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
Dear Huffydavidson,

This frame has been tested for faults through the course of my riding. Although it may not withstand the heft of your frame. laff Plus all you gotta do is toss some wheels on and go.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2013
RI
Dear Huffydavidson,

This frame has been tested for faults through the course of my riding. Although it may not withstand the heft of your frame. laff Plus all you gotta do is toss some wheels on and go.
yeah man, he wasn't asking about your frame, he was questioning your math.

...he makes a legitimate point in my mind and you shouldn't be offended or flip in having to answer it if you really want to sell your stuff. ...brand new is brand new and used is used and $20.00 - $30.00 more for brand new and the guarantees that come with that seems like a double saw well spent to me.

peace, bozo

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
Fine you can buy a new frame and add cranks, pedals and a fork and tell me how you much spent on it. Before you come up with something smart to tell me, remember the work and additional pieces that go into installing those parts.

*LOOKING FOR BUYERS, NOT SMART @$$ THREAD LURKERS, THANK YOU*

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
I am going to add my 2 cents.

If your interested in buying something, then PM the individual selling the item and offer them what you want to pay and then explain to them in the PM why you're offering a lower price - keep it off the forum. Then the seller can respond with the justification why he/she wants his price or make a price adjustment. As CoolCruiser suggested, if you can buy it cheaper some where else, then go ahead and buy it, but don't crap on the seller's sale.

If your not interested in buying the item, but want to make a suggestion on his/her selling price or method, then PM that person and state that you're not interested in buying, but here's a suggestion and state why.

Something like:

"Hey bro, I am not interested in buying your frame, but you may not know this, but you can buy a frame from soandso for $21 more than your asking price. I am not being critical of your price, but just offering a suggestion that might help you sell it quicker. Hope you the best in your sale. Look forward to your next build".

Or maybe, "Hey bro, I am not interested in buying your frame, but I know your frame is painted and that you had to make some mods to the frame and all, but your price is only $21 less than the price of a new frame at soandso. I don't know if you knew that or not. I'm just offering a suggestion that might help you sell your frame. Wish you all the luck with your sale. Look forward to seeing what you build next".

Again, keep your suggestion off the forum and don't crap on the guys sale.

To me, and it's just me, why should I have to spend my time on the forum defending my selling price. If you don't like it and your interested then make an offer via a PM. If you want to make a suggestion, then do it in a PM, not on the forum.

Another unofficial policy has been not to be critical or downer on a persons build - that is one of the reasons why some people quit going to the other forum.

Again, my 2 cents in this matter.

I look forward to seeing your future builds. Let's build and ride.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue