Dual exhaust on a 49cc 4 stroke?

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Is this possible? Is so,somebody want to build one? I have measurements and $$ for someone to do this. I will need:

Flange
1 1/2" of straight pipe
2 elbows~anything down or forward(away from flange)
I can add flex pipe to the ends so I will need the elbows to fit that.

If not possible,where do I get a 49cc flange with 2" of pipe? Somebody wanna sell their old muffler?

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Phantom has made at least one and im not sure if they are going to produce them for their custom parts line or just specials for their own builds. I'll edit this if I find a pic. EDIT! Here ya go. Phantom Racer

Attachments

Last edited:

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
That looks almost perfect velo. After looking at the clamps sold by rt21 I could definetly dig something similar.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Hey velo, you still got this shaft?

{I had to order this just to get the crank arms. Bass/turds at BE.com wont sell the crank arms sepretly http://www.bicycle-engines.com/wide-...7jlvlm8pm5lnc5}

I bent the shaft that came with my kit and no one (except phantom) sells just the shaft. Just let me know,I gots to replace mine.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Second from the bottem: http://phantom-bikes.com/shop/parts/custom-parts/ Ya just got another one for my BTR re-build. got it plane ( the only one they had ) so I can get it chromed. The ones they are selling now are anodized black They should have a bunch now. They were waiting for em to come back fom anodizing a week ago when I ordered mine. These things are TOUGH! You wont bent this solid cromo mofo.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I would love to use that one from Phantombikes but I will need to flip the sprocket around so its further away from the body of my scooter/motor mount. I will have to either have the kit shaft or SBP's 206mm bottom bracket cartridge. But if you could sell me yours....$20 for the shaft only.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
That looks like the one moto,same that came with my 49cc 4 stroke kit. I definitely need it. What you got cooking?

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
No velodrome,that is too short. Is that for a pull-start 2-stroker? The one I have measures 10 1/2" from end to end. I think moto magz got the right one. Sorry to have wasted your time good sir.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I found another that IS that length. 10" Lemme know if you dont get the one from Moto. For some reason my camera is not cooperating right now.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Back on topic,I am planning on using a 2 stroke header pipe,as much of it before the bend,then attach a Y pipe,then flex pipe,then....?

Anybody know where to get a Y pipe that fits a header pipe? I also am not sure what to put on for mufflers. Maybe the flex pipe tips from memory lane classics? Or 2 B&S lo-tone mufflers?

http://www.memorylane-classics.com/images/Whizzer Exhaust Parts/Tail Pipe End.jpg

As always,thanks for everything guys. This forum helps everytime I need direction with my creation.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
the tips look great but don't help with muffling the engine :(
that one looks like mine and if it is the same, it has a spark arrestor screen inside
I use a B&S muffled flex pipe on my 99 (I passed the 8,000 mile mark last week:))
I liked the sound with just the tip, but am not calling attention to the bigger engine,,,therefore, muffler ;) laff

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
If I ever go bigger on the engine I might use the muffler. But I live in stiff&ugly and there's a lot of dogs loose here. I was thinking the louder,the better.

Besides,in Oklahoma you can run up to a 150cc. Has to have pedals,30mph designed top speed,and no shift kits.

Kinda funny,considering who manufactures and sells from here.