Who makes the best motorized custom bikes?

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I have both a Sportsman Flyer and a Taylar Motorbike Indian, both are top quality but it depends on your taste when deciding, I prefer Taylar Motorbikes for a variety of reasons
#1. I know Dan Presonally and the QUALITY of his work,he won't let anything roll out of his shop with out it being a top notch job, No! detail small or large is overlooked.
#2. A very Vintage Styling appeal and again attention to the engineering and functional details.
#3. Dan can and will recreate a varity of different vintage styles,designs and brand name tribute bikes along with his standard production build bike.
#4. Dan can build around several different types of engines (Villiers,Honda GC160cc,Preditor 212cc & 98cc, exc.exc.exc) and the bike won't look like Dr. Frankinstien. bandaged it together just to put an engine in it.
#5. Dan will give you the best advice on what would best suite you and your build in any aspect of the bike and your concern(s).
#6. Dan stands behind his work and +
#7. Dans bikes are built to stand the test of time and in a hundred years from now when the survivors surface they will be highly prized.
Pat at Sportsman Flyer is an Excellent builder as well and offers a large varity of well built parts & accessaries for your M/B.
Pat offers a good looking vintage styled bike that has a little different styling design but yet still fits nicely withen the early 1900's era that is easliy distinquished in a crowd.
I don't know what engine options Pat offers in his production bikes these day but in the past he has done the China engines,Morini's,Whizzers and the popular Preditor212cc
Pats bikes are durable as they are built well engineered with the rider in mind.
As many people have replied to your post about "Who builds the best M/B" with a list of several builders,these are my top two, and it really does depend on what exactly you want in a motorized bike,styling is always tops on everyone's list as well as engine opts, Moto Cross, Vintage and Antique Motored Bicycles, Board Trackers, Choppers, American, British, Austrailian, exc.exc.
I hope you make the right choice as these bikes can become very costly either done right or wrong and I don't know where this quote came from but it goes (And I Live By It!)
"Cheap bikes aren't! good and Good bikes aren't! cheap!"

Last edited:

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
I will put my 2 cents in as well...

First you need to establish your budget.
Next you need to prioritize what is the most important (Speed, looks, longevity ect)
Based on how you prioritize and the money you can spend, the question can be much easier to answer.
I am partial to Taylar Cycles in Victorville, Ca since he has done 4 for me and his work is incredible and a great value. Every time my expectations are exceeded. My priority is always the "look" and I spend the money to make the build look like it was from the teens.
No matter what you do, make sure you get some HP out of it. I learned the hard way. you will regret not investing some $ in the motor.

Have fun! :)
Kris

Slow RIde

Aug 18, 2012
The U.S.A.
I have both a Sportsman Flyer and a Taylar Motorbike Indian, both are top quality but it depends on your taste when deciding, I prefer Taylar Motorbikes for a variety of reasons
#1. I know Dan Presonally and the QUALITY of his work,he won't let anything roll out of his shop with out it being a top notch job, No! detail small or large is overlooked.
#2. A very Vintage Styling appeal and again attention to the engineering and functional details.
#3. Dan can and will recreate a varity of different vintage styles,designs and brand name tribute bikes along with his standard production build bike.
#4. Dan can build around several different types of engines (Villiers,Honda GC160cc,Preditor 212cc & 98cc, exc.exc.exc) and the bike won't look like Dr. Frankinstien. bandaged it together just to put an engine in it.
#5. Dan will give you the best advice on what would best suite you and your build in any aspect of the bike and your concern(s).
#6. Dan stands behind his work and +
#7. Dans bikes are built to stand the test of time and in a hundred years from now when the survivors surface they will be highly prized.
Pat at Sportsman Flyer is an Excellent builder as well and offers a large varity of well built parts & accessaries for your M/B.
Pat offers a good looking vintage styled bike that has a little different styling design but yet still fits nicely withen the early 1900's era that is easliy distinquished in a crowd.
I don't know what engine options Pat offers in his production bikes these day but in the past he has done the China engines,Morini's,Whizzers and the popular Preditor212cc
Pats bikes are durable as they are built well engineered with the rider in mind.
As many people have replied to your post about "Who builds the best M/B" with a list of several builders,these are my top two, and it really does depend on what exactly you want in a motorized bike,styling is always tops on everyone's list as well as engine opts, Moto Cross, Vintage and Antique Motored Bicycles, Board Trackers, Choppers, American, British, Austrailian, exc.exc.
I hope you make the right choice as these bikes can become very costly either done right or wrong and I don't know where this quote came from but it goes (And I Live By It!)
"Cheap bikes aren't! good and Good bikes aren't! cheap!"

How do you get a hold of Dan @ Taylars?

phone number maybe?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Dans Business# is (661) 341 0192 He's a good guy and easy to talk too! he even has a build that a customer backed out on ($$) so you may wanna talk to him about that? Good Luck! and Good Choice!