Has PirateCycles taken returns before?

GoldenMotor.com

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
I bought a chopper fork from them and ended up with something entirely different. Haven't even opened the box cuz it needs to go back. They say no returns, and to enforce that policy they don't pick up their phones or return emails.

Has anyone had this problem before? If they really won't take it back I'll figure something out. pfffff.

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
Maybe it's the right part, but he decided he didn't want it anymore and wanted to return it... but feels he has a better shot at returning it if he doesn't open the box

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
Or maybe it's Shrodinger's cat, but with bike parts.

It is both the right and wrong part until the box is opened

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
shoot when i send something i use any box i can find. a lot of times when a company buys parts they buy a bunch and they are all wrapped individually to protect them and then put in one box. they could have used whatever the box said it was to build a bike and just recycled the box to ship a different part

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
... unless it's a tiny little box. Maybe it's an instant fork? Just add water. Or it's a pile of carbon and iron atoms, some assembly required. Maybe it's a box full of cash:)

Open the box!!

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Maybe it's a box full of cash:)

Open the box!!
Maybe 50% more cash! And who wouldn't want 50% more cash? Well...not everyone...

My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates (bicycle forks). You never know what you're gonna get."

Open the box. It might be the right forks. How do you know until you open the box.

"I bought a chopper fork from them and ended up with something entirely different."

Here's what he really meant to say:

#10. My old lady found out and is steaming mad.
#9. My rent is due and I need the cash.
#8. My parents are paying the bills and are mad as h3ll.
#7. My cat was on the keyboard when ordering.
#6. I was inebriated when I ordered.
#5. This project is stressing me out.
#4. I was thinking of the Halloween party and was distracted.
#3. I forgot to remove the wrong fork from my shopping cart.
#2. I pushed the wrong tab when ordering.

Drum roll please...
#1. I changed my mind.

If I got the wrong part, I'd send it back with a nice letter and demand a full refund or request the right forks. Keep trying to call and Email and document in your letter what you've done. Some one posted on this forum about the best hours to get through to Pirates. I am sure they would recognize their mistake if they sent the wrong part.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

BikeBerryJen

Engine Diva
Oct 25, 2012
SoCal
:-||

I would continue to call and email until you get a hold of someone. If you received the incorrect part, they will more than likely replace/refund you. If you received the part and it's not what you wanted, they more than likely will return it but there will probably be a fee.

Last edited:

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
Wow you folks are pretty funny. But yes the fork does not have a way to put breaks on it so I bought a 'sunlite' fork and it looks better has break mounts and costed half as much.

I will go with bikeberryjen's suggestion. it's not a like it's a hat or something cheap I'm returning. I've accumulated several parts I will have to sell I imagine.

JimsFelt66

Jul 17, 2012
California
Maybe I mised it, but what is wrong with the chopper forks that makes them not what puchased so to speak?

Can you post a link to their web site showing what you bought?

CoolCruiser

Jun 15, 2012
Massachusetts
Wow you folks are pretty funny. But yes the fork does not have a way to put breaks on it so I bought a 'sunlite' fork and it looks better has break mounts and costed half as much.

I will go with bikeberryjen's suggestion. it's not a like it's a hat or something cheap I'm returning. I've accumulated several parts I will have to sell I imagine.
Not so sure I would follow that advice unless they sent you the WRONG part. From what you posted I get the impression you changed your mind. That's not a reason most small vendors will accept and they will reject unauthorized returns. P.C. will normally reject it if there is no return authorization number on the box.