Hello all.

GoldenMotor.com

Fred

Sep 25, 2008
I'm new to MB and to the sport, hobby, or whatever you like to call it. I rode my first motorized bike in MI this summer and had a blast. I went and bought a bike that I thought would be cool to motorize. Hope I haven't put the cart before the horse. It's a trek cruiser classic that I am trying to motorize.

I have some questions about where the best place to buy kits and kit parts is at. Also there is a zone 8 cycling website that sells kits, has anyone ever heard about them? they are very new.

Nice to meet you.

Fred

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Welcome to THE Forum! I get my kits from Thatsdax! They are members too! Duane will help you any way he can! Great people here on the forum. Glad your here. (c)

Fred

Sep 25, 2008
I guess I should have mentioned in my original post that I am an avid cyclist. Human powered that is. Some of my bike buddies think it's cool that I'm going to motorize a bike though. Sometimes I have asked myself "why motorize when you love to ride?" Although I can keep up with some MB's under pedal power. They don't like my spandex in church. So it's nice to have something that saves on gas and you can still be dressed nice and not sweaty and stinky when you arrive.

I'm thinking about a Honda 4-stroke for my motor. Has anyone ever done an inframe mount with one?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hi again Fred. I have a bike with no motor that I love ridding. Gets the endorphins going in quiet splendor. Is the best time of the day to go ridding with the Baby's Moma. It is apples and oranges. Another expense to be sure, (the MB) but for quick trips I gustimate I save about 2k a year and enjoy it immensely. All sweat free, snork.

In short, have your bike and ride it too! No law against having 2 bicycles

I have seen a bunch of Honda 4strokers. Is more complicated inframe as you need to widen peddles at 50 and 35cc,(last I looked) but many have done it with great success. Really cool part of a "pull start" centrifugal clutch!
I look forward to what you dream up.