The ultimate roadbike Morini powered. POWERWHEELIES VIDEO 12HP+

GoldenMotor.com

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
<Covets the Morini....
But doesn't want to fork over $650.00
They call them scooter engines, does any one know what scooters they come in?
I got a S5N off eBay for $285 complete and a battered Itali-jet pipe coming for under $30 shipped. 9 HP and 11,500 RPM I believe. I also believe him when he says low milage. For a 12-15 year old motor it "looked" real nice unless he used $10 worth of spray carb cleaner on it :)

They came on LEM and KTM products. The mini motocrossers were no joke. I've seen little kids flying on these things. They are serious race motors.

http://www.morinifrancousa.com/models.htm

Some of the models Morini motors were supplied with.

Last edited:

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
that is a killer bike , but its not a motorized bike anymore , its a mini motorcycle , the cops would have a cow around here if you blew by on that thing ...lol.wee.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Davec I hate to tell you this but the s5 is nowhere near 9hp..it is actually rated at 3hp and at 7200 rpm..it is not case inducted it has the intake directly to the cylinder as the china motor has
If I remember right the n does not have a reed valve

Nope, no reed valve. Just remember that a KT100 Yamaha kart motor put's out 22 HP and it's piston ported. There are many racing kart motors that are piston ported and dang few that have reeds.

The motor came off a KTM motocrosser. The seller says 8 HP, you say 3 hp. I say somewhere in the middle around 5 or so. I guess I'll find out when it's mounted and can compare :)

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
dave take a good look at the intake. at first i thought no reeds then upon further inspection their 2 small ones in it. so its a s5t alum barrel with a 19mm carb. the s5gs has the 4 reeds and bolts. both have all elect and coil is under the left side plastic cover. i dont know how much HP it has but it screamed in that little lem mx'er. now that will be another story when it try's to move my fat A in the stretch dyno. hopefully its not a dog untill it gets on the pipe [all or nothing] no fun to cruze on.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
No probs, man. I didn't buy the motor for power, that was secondary to my needs. Reliability is what I was after and a lower HP motor from a line of high power motors suits me fine.

I will be getting one of the high horse power motors in the future. I'm a racer and I was going back to kart racing but after racing a 66 HP 250 SuperKart the 125's just don't tickle my fancy. A 125 Rotax at 45 HP comes close but they are soooo expensive :p

I have a 135 pound friend that races a 750 Harley speedway bike. He's completely nutzo(from the drugs I'm so glad he quit) and totally fearless from running his Harley manhandling it on dirt tracks. He said he'd drive for me at the bike races that are popping up all over.

Well, that's the plan anyway ;)

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
my85lamborghini i was wrong and my hat's off to you! i checked my intake and just a small port. alum barrel and head though. still that motor wound up tight compaired to my 48cc HT. i will look forward to your input in the future. thanks dennis

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey bro, you might have some competition here in Colorado Springs, CO! I just ordered a s6s 9.4 engine, big bore kit, and Pro Circuit Kawasaki KX60 Platinum Exhaust Pipe with 304 Factory Sound Silencer. Once it's broken in, I'll re-jet it to 7000 ft. and watch it fly. I don't mean to bite your exhaust but it is one, if not the best, exhaust systems on the market. I should be pushing 14 to 15 hp. I should recieve these items in around 3 weeks. In the mean time I'm looking for a strong metal 26" mountain bike frame and a heavy duty rear hub. I am also looking for a rear sprocket that will work well with a 10 or 11 tooth engine sprocket. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Oh yeah do please tell and follow up on this big bore kit I find this very fascinating!:) I have not looked into these that much and would like to try one later on when I decide to have more thrill going on. I am at 6000 feet... It don't run that bad now it's way better than a china did here..

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Funny you say that, I had to re-jet my 2010 GT5 carb. My motor would run great but stalled at idle (c-clip at all set points). I jetted it one size smaller than stock, set the c-clip at the richest set point, and it worked perfectly. Ran great with no idle stall. I also did some engine mods that could have effected the stalling. I opened up the transfer ports, port matched the intake and exhaust, shaved the head and piston skirt, installed an expansion chamber exhaust and K&N air filter. I'll see what happens with this 6s Morini.

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
nidyanazo.............that is one fine ride you have there!

Where did you get the square tank that is on the top tube of the first pic in your thread?

Verrrrry nice:)

Old Reliable

Feb 21, 2012
Santa Ana
Its funny how you guys swear by the air cooled. Ok, truth be told: I am running an s6c liquid cooled, with a tomar clutch upgrade and pro circuit pipe. This beast is mounted on a Giant mountain bike. I got a speeding ticket two weeks ago for doing 68mph in a 40mph zone. The difference between the liquid cooled and its air cooled brother is huge. Im done trying to get my bikes to go faster. This one is absolutelt ridiculous. Dont believe me? I challenge anyone in orange county cali to give me a call and set up a street sprint. Wanna see a pic? 2.1.3. 9.8.5 9.9.8.5

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Its funny how you guys swear by the air cooled. Ok, truth be told: I am running an s6c liquid cooled, with a tomar clutch upgrade and pro circuit pipe. This beast is mounted on a Giant mountain bike. I got a speeding ticket two weeks ago for doing 68mph in a 40mph zone. The difference between the liquid cooled and its air cooled brother is huge. Im done trying to get my bikes to go faster. This one is absolutelt ridiculous. Dont believe me? I challenge anyone in orange county cali to give me a call and set up a street sprint. Wanna see a pic? 2.1.3. 9.8.5 9.9.8.5
You should bring it to the next race. I have to agree with you on h20 cools are faster than air cools.