hello fellow motorized bike enthusiasts

GoldenMotor.com

mjrdad66

Nov 3, 2009
phoenix , arizona
new to this whole thing, love my first one( bought it already built) working on my first actual build....have a cpl of questions....

1) does anyone know where to get a replacement magneto( not the rotor, the stationaty part) for the starfire gen II 50cc engines.... preferrably somewhere in the phoenix arizona area??

2) does anyone have any pics of the correct way to mount the clutch cable to the engine on these things...lol...I know there is a small whole on the right side of the engine, but for the life of me, I can not quite figure out the correct way to assemble it all properly.:-||

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the forum.

There are several vendors that sell the Grubee engines, contact one of them for you mag part. The gen II clutches do mount up different, I am sure someone who has one will be along shortly to help with that.

Who did you get your kit from?

mjrdad66

Nov 3, 2009
phoenix , arizona
a guy name ron in gilbert arizona.... he has been great about helping me learn the things I need to build this bike..... and is trying to find someone that has the magneto I need for the one that I bought from someone else .. the one that was already built..who actually bought the kit from him...but the guy that put the already built bike I bought did not reall know what he was doing....so I am in the proc3ess of re-doing everything on it...my wife uses it for her daily transportation to work...and absolutely loves it so far.cs.