New Project--Pacer Super Sport

GoldenMotor.com

RaleighRider

Jul 3, 2009
New York
Neighbor gave me a FREE 1978 moped. It's a Pacer Super Sport with working pedals, 2-stroke Morini engine, centrifugal clutch, and front and rear suspension. It's a junker now but it will be a beauty when I'm done.

Attachments

Last edited:

RaleighRider

Jul 3, 2009
New York
It took me two days, and I now have the entire thing taken down to small parts. The frame will be sandblasted along with a few other parts but I will have to sand and steel wool some of the more delicate bits myself (chrome). Here is my progress so far. Anybody have tips on removing heavy rust? BTW this thing has stainless steel fenders (hence no rust on these after 20+ years sitting in a barn with no roof), they sure don't make em like that anymore.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Get it media or bead blasted instead of sand blasting. Media blasting is not as harsh on the metal.

RaleighRider

Jul 3, 2009
New York
Get it media or bead blasted instead of sand blasting. Media blasting is not as harsh on the metal.
I may go with media blasting, but I know someone who will sandblast for me for cheap. I will only be using this method for the really heavy duty parts. The frame on this thing is built like a rock so it shouldn't be a problem. I want to get some smaller parts soda-blasted but I really can't afford it, so it's steel wool, sandpaper, and elbow grease for me.