australia

GoldenMotor.com

dmould66

Aug 3, 2009
ENGLAND
hi thinking of getting a engine kit, the bikes look brilliant, some of the choppers are art. ill be in nsw in australia where powered bikes are legal but they have to be under 200 watts, yep 200 watts petrol or eletric. ive never heard a petrol engine measured in watts? but thats what there saying, any idea what the asian kits put out? any advice on which one to get ? many thanks dave

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
I would get Spooky tooth listed over there>>>>>>>>>>>>
or mybe thats dax. I would not recommend Live fat motors, they are okay, just that you can get better.
DO NOT GET A OCCC CHOPPER UNLESS YPU WANT TO BY THE MOUNT AND SPROCKET ADAPTER

here is a list:http://motorbicycling.com/f31/plug-play-bikes-2-stroke-china-9686.html

I have gone thruh 5 bikes for one motor kit, all screwed up. Go to this list, you will get it right off the bat. (actully heres thats dax :))>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Good luck and welcome

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
746 watts make 1 HP. A gas motor @ 50cc is a little under 2.5 HP. So, A motor under 200 watts might make a small mouse go up to 3.4 miles an hour. It's got to be wrong. This hurts my brain, (c)

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Yep 200watts it is. Soon to be 250watts...........yay!

200watts is the average of the average cyclist power output, i think at like 20 odd kmh. So they will allow that on top of what ever you can pedal.

realdigga

Jul 12, 2009
Australia
zbox.com.au is probably your best bet if you want to buy in australia, there located in bellingen n.s.w or ive heard about rock solid engines being excellent in s.a. i heard they disasemble and rebuild before shipping out to buyers, i hassled a copper the other day in relation to the n.s.w law, (im in byron bay) he said its all pretty grey what the law is in relation to petrol motors but as long as your riding a 49cc motor or less, you should be alright..unless you ride like a ####wit (his words not mine) .That may change though as the last post stated the law is supposedly soon changing to 250watts, the down side of that is theyll ban petrol all together....if your feeliing rich check out elationebikes.com.au theyve gotta cool electric system....peace