New Memember

GoldenMotor.com

parachute84

Apr 15, 2009
Eugene, Oregon
Hello,

I found this site and you all have alot of great info here. I am a new memeber, and just recently bought a 48cc kit for gasbikes. I look forward to riding without the expense of fuel being the big issue these days. I live outside of Eugene, Oregon in the country, so there are alot of really cool places close by to ride. There are many people here in Eugene that ride bikes and there are many bike trail throughout the city and the surrounding area here. So I just wanted to introduce myself as a new memember and look forward to reading more about y'all's experiences and ideas.

Take Care,

Tom M.

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
welcome to the forum,i also bought a kit from gasbike and i like it so far.

26 " roadmaster sport mountainbike
48cc dualstart starfire GT2 grubee
44T sprocket
average cruise speed 15-20mph, max speed so far 31.5mph

parachute84

Apr 15, 2009
Eugene, Oregon
Hello Cabinfever,
Thank you for the welcome. You mentioned that you have a dualstart 48cc starfire engine. Do you know if you can retrofit the Grubee Starfire GT-2 48cc engine with that pull start feature? That would be nice. I appreciate any feedback and ideas you may offer about this question. Have a good one.

Tom M

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Do you know if you can retrofit the Grubee Starfire GT-2 48cc engine with that pull start feature?
You can put those pull starts on any of these 2 stroke engines. Just to let you know however, they're kinda cheap, but easily enough to re-engineer. I got one for mine and love it, but I had to redo the slide for the rope.........it's cheap plastic that woudn't stay in place, so I had to fix that.

But if you ask me, a pull start is the way to go!

.wee.

parachute84

Apr 15, 2009
Eugene, Oregon
Howdy,

Sorry I haven't posted in sometime, but I've been busy out of town working. I drive a "BIG TRUCK" so I don't get home very often. I'm new to this type of stuff so I really don't know what it is I should be offering as far as feedback or ideas. I did change out the original motor I had posted sometime ago, and replaced it with a unit I picked up from bikemotorparts.com. I found it to be alot easier to install than the gasbike kit I had purchased. The bikemotorparts kit has a 52cc 2-stroke friction drive unit mounted of the back of the bike with a 76mm clutch set-up, so its super easy to go. The bike is a recycled husky 10 speed I found at the local recycling center. I think I paid like $5.00 for it and replaced the tires and that made it good to go. Its a blast to get home for a few days and just relax and go riding around the country out here. I'll try and figure out how to post a couple of pics of it as soon as I can. You all have a great day, and happy motoring. cvlt1

Tom
Eugene, Oregon