Funny stuff and justice

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
As usual, my first thought is...'where are the parents?" Probably on their cell phones, like their kid was when he hit the other car? Most likely.

Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Tom,

It seems that his mother was out of the country when he did it. Nothing like leaving your 16 year old at home by himself. When our insurance which is run by the province is through with him and his parent they won't be able to pay for the insurance and he won't see a drivers license for ten years if he is lucky.

Steve.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Shame. I am 22 and I wouldn't even THINK about doing something like this. You have to know yours limits people. Sometimes you just gotta face it and say I made a mistake. It's either get punished now for something you did or get punished a day later for something did plus some.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Kids today think only of themselves. It's the "Me" generation. No consideration for other people or what the results of their actions might have on them. Evidence is 'social media' and what the young think is important. What I'M DOING. Where I'M GOING. "What I'M THINKING. ME, ME, ME. It's all about ME!. That's why they call it 'Social ME-dia'.

Watch television and count how many times a day you see them taking pictures of THEMSELVES. 'SELFIES, they call them. Like everyone else wants to see photos of THEM! TV commercials show it over and over. A recent news story showed some of them doing 'selfies' of themselves and a baby whale. Yeah, 'THEY' got their pictures, but the whale died. "Too bad. At least I got a picture of ME and the whale and sent it to all my friends".

This kid couldn't care less what his actions resulted in. He was all absorbed with what HE wanted to do. HE didn't care that he damaged someone else's car. He was only interested in hiding his actions so HE wouldn't get in trouble.

With another generation or two of his kind...this world is in a lot of trouble. My generation wasn't perfect, not by a long shot but we were taught to have consideration and to be responsible for our actions and for other people. That value has been lost along with common sense and personal responsibility.

Sorry for the rant but these kinds of things get my blood boiling!

In no way was this aimed at youngsters like Jordan (aka, YesImLDS). He is a perfect example of what we as the older generation wish for this country. I've met him, ridden with him and know him. We'd be in much better shape if the majority were like him.

Tom

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Tom I agree with you, but the problem is in parenting right now. Everybody is taught they are a special little snow flake and everyone should know that. This is the problem with my generation. The parents taught the kids to be all about themselves and not charitable in any way. That whatever they believe is best is best, because if you threw a fit then the parents would give it to you. (don't take away my ipad or I'll throw a tantrum) This shows kids they can get away with things, because the parents are too lazy to enforce their own rules. It's a shame because just doing this while they are being raised makes them believe they can get away with everything. Sure the kids should know better, but they weren't raised properly and it shows. I worry about the next generation being so self absorbed into technology because it is making us a stagnant world of unsociable people. That said this kid is an ass and should be made an example to the other of his generation so maybe just maybe somebody can learn from this. Don't do stupid stuff and stupid things won't happen. It's a really simple thing to learn.

On a side note it's a shame things like this even happen. In a world where kids are getting drunk and have access to drugs it makes you wonder what has changed in the past 40-50 years that makes it so easy to have a misbehaving kid. It has to be rooted in technology and the way they are raised. Now I will say that it is totally plausible that this kind of stuff is just more KNOWN about due to the easy ways to finding out about this stuff via the internet, but who am I kidding my generation is full of energy drink filled crap heads.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I find myself in some agreement with the things you're saying, Tom and Jordan.

I also feel as though there's more to the story. But I'm not coming up with anything that's very coherent. So I'll let that go for now.

But I remember being 16. I was stupid. Quite stupid.

It was bad enough that I feel some shame over particular deeds and simply being that dumb in general.

But that kid in that video has me completely flabbergasted. He is nothing but a jack-ass. And I mean that in a very literal sense. Not merely snark.

Hopefully one day he'll look back on this with shame. That'll be his first step in becoming something that resembles a man.