GoldenMotor.com

Matty Skacore

May 1, 2014
Bakersfield, Ca
When I pull the clutch my motor dies. I know this is vague but what are any possibilities. I can get my bike running smooth but pulling the clutch makes it idle for several seconds than it starts to slowly die, it is in the break in still.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Turn the idle screw in or clockwise to raise the idle, you may want to run the idle a little high for the first few miles till the engine starts loosening up a bit.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Turn the idle screw in or clockwise to raise the idle, you may want to run the idle a little high for the first few miles till the engine starts loosening up a bit.
and don't forget to be turning the throttle a little lifting the slide valve
as you turn the idle screw or it could scratch the little slide valve, it's made
from teflon I think

Will122391

May 31, 2013
Texas
Idle is too low so it dies. You could throttle up before you pull in the clutch to prevent it from dying. Screw in (cw) your idle screw until it idles well. If you screw it all the way in and it is still dying, you may have an air leak.

Matty Skacore

May 1, 2014
Bakersfield, Ca
My bike keeps bogging out

when I start my bike it starts up for like three seconds than sputters and dies. It sounds like the engine needs more gas, does my float need to be adjusted and if so, how do I do that. also I am still in the break in on my bike, is having issues normal? :-||

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Matt, there's really not enough information presented for the group to make a better diagnosis. And they really would like to help!

An air leak *could* be worn or defective crankshaft seals.

IF you have tried raising the idle, and it will not help unless VERY high...
Well, inform the group which engine you have, it's age, any work done on it, and what you have done so far to diagnose the problem. More details the better!

Best
rc

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
must be an air leak, how do I fix that
Air, or vacuum leaks typically cause the idle speed to increase, not the other way around.
You didn't tell us what engine or carburetor you have but we're assuming it is a Chinese 2 stroke. It would help to know what carb you have.

Have to tried adjusting the idle speed screw? Clockwise will increase the speed; counterclockwise will decrease it.
It would also be better to combine your questions or problems in one thread instead of posting a different one each time. It will help you and us keep track of what problems you're having and what has been suggested to you.
Your other thread on this problem has been merged with this one.

Tom

Last edited:

Matty Skacore

May 1, 2014
Bakersfield, Ca
http://bekits.com/ that's were I got my motor, i had it since the 1st I made no modifications (all stock except the screws, bolts, nuts) I use premium gasoline 91 octane I believe. i have less than 5 miles on it. I do believe I am runningrich now thanks to some other members, i will empty my gas out and replace with 24:1 gas mix. It's still breaking in and I never opened to full throttle ( only go half at most). The engine has a spped carb that it came with.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The NT and the NT Speed, are essentially the same carburetor. The screw with the spring under the head on the left side of the carb is the idle speed adjustment.
Follow the advice given above as to how to increase the idle speed.

Tom

TakeiT

Apr 17, 2014
Oshawa, Ontario
Keep in mind it's a 2 stroke, when it's cold, flip the choke to half, give it a bit of throttle and wait for it to take off. When it does, let off the throttle, pull in the clutch and SLOWLY rev it up (by slow I mean less than 1/4 turn, slowly increasing). It'll bog down a bit then start to rev up, when you can go from no throttle to full throttle its ready.

But being that it's a 2 stroke, it's bound to die once or twice, I guess it's due to the lack of compression

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The idle screw is located on the side of the carb, on the nt its on the left side and can be turned with your fingers. On the CNS its on the right and requires a screw driver. These are 2 cycle carbs, you didn't say what engine you have so I hope this helps. Its easier to adjust if you twist the throttle slightly while turning the screw, clockwise will raise the idle.