Skyhawk questions.

GoldenMotor.com

Ratt_Bones

Aug 2, 2013
Appleton, Wi.
Ok, so this is the engine I have. As I am still about learning about these China Dolls, and becoming more and more familiar with them...... I still have a lot to learn.

I am reading a lot of things here and there that don't work with this engine, something to do with the model that it is. On the same note, my buddy and I are running nearly identical setups, exhaust, carb, gearing, etc. He is topping out at about 28mph. I am steady right now at 42mph. I am not exactly sure what the difference is between our engines, as they are both 66/80cc. Also interconnect with all of the same universal components.

At any rate, I want to start building my engine for race/performance, but am hesitant because of the red flags I am seeing here and there about this engine.
I would like to gather some insight from some of the fine knowledgeable folks here about why this is, as well as possibly getting a list (links) of performance/race parts that I can use such as carbs, exhaust, CDI's, head's, etc.

Thanks a LOT guys!

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The only way to to 42mph with this setup is to have a smaller diameter rear sprocket.....probably a 34 tooth. Stock is 44 teeth......of which 30mph is a common top speed.

I've got a SBP expansion chamber, CNS V3 carb (with the brass plug delete and adjusted), 44 tooth rear sprocket, upgraded spark plug wire, and plug ----- 33 mph has it screaming with no 4 cycling.

Good luck in your search!!

Last edited:

Ratt_Bones

Aug 2, 2013
Appleton, Wi.
See, this is why I am trying to figure this all out with this engine. It's fast!
I redline my analog speedometer (tops at 40), and ride next to my SO, and glance over at hers on her touring scooter. Low to mid 40's all day.

1.) Skyhawk GT-5 engine
2.) speed carb
3.) cadalidic muffler
4.) stock CDI
5.) performance spark wire
6.) 36-T sprocket

That's all I've got. Nothing real special. What I am trying to figure out is what is the deal with this engine, and why am I seeing red flags about it all over, and non compatible parts here and there. On the same note, why is it so much faster than my buddy's China Doll, that's set up identical?

Last edited: