I bought an engine that.....

GoldenMotor.com

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Has the cdi inside the magneto cover.....
Is this a very old engine or very new??...

Cant see very well in the pic, but......

Just curious.... Super smooth running engine....

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Maybe a Grubee StarFire? I expect it's actually larger than 50cc too...maybe 66cc. Did you buy from a private party? That looks like one of those silly 49cc stickers that are meant to fool cops.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Well, be careful if your intent is to mislead cops and that IS over 49cc; you can get in worse trouble if you're caught. I think you're better off just going incognito.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Well, be careful if your intent is to mislead cops and that IS over 49cc; you can get in worse trouble if you're caught. I think you're better off just going incognito.
If you get a cop mad enough to check displacement, being legal AIN'T gonna save your behind.
Just sayin'.

Borntofli, the only other engine like this I've seen was a grubee super rat.
They may have been sold by others as well, but I think they all come from the same factory regardless.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
He is in Texas, those laws don't apply here for a bicycle that is motor assisted as long as it needs to be pedaled up to speed before the engine will propel it from there, Texas law says a motor vehicle is defined by needing to be able to take off from a stand still under the power of an engine so, he is legal even if he put a sticker on it that says 66cc etc.

Map
reddd

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
If you get a cop mad enough to check displacement, being legal AIN'T gonna save your behind.
Just sayin'.

Borntofli, the only other engine like this I've seen was a grubee super rat.
They may have been sold by others as well, but I think they all come from the same factory regardless.
LEB on ebay sell the lowers for those engines with the mag coil/cdi combo set up.

Map
reddd

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
He is in Texas, those laws don't apply here for a bicycle that is motor assisted as long as it needs to be pedaled up to speed before the engine will propel it from there, Texas law says a motor vehicle is defined by needing to be able to take off from a stand still under the power of an engine so, he is legal even if he put a sticker on it that says 66cc etc.

Map
reddd
BINGO.

Which means you can run a Preddy 212 and as long as you pedal from the start, then gas it, you're still fully legal.:D

Until you **** off the wrong guy and break other traffic laws. But in that case, it's your own fault. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
BINGO.

Which means you can run a Preddy 212 and as long as you pedal from the start, then gas it, you're still fully legal.:D

Until you **** off the wrong guy and break other traffic laws. But in that case, it's your own fault. lol
Yep, gotta be wise and do things right or they can make up a reason to nail ya, best thing to do is play it cool, always look safe and friendly and obey traffic laws, dont give them a reason or they will, thats where some mess up, they ride arrogant and cocky instead of doing things right.

Map
.wee.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Yep, gotta be wise and do things right or they can make up a reason to nail ya, best thing to do is play it cool, always look safe and friendly and obey traffic laws, dont give them a reason or they will, thats where some mess up, they ride arrogant and cocky instead of doing things right.

Map
.wee.
Yep. Then once everyone is gone, you blast off like you've put powerthirst in your pre-mix.