Company Review...NEGATIVE!

GoldenMotor.com

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I posted the following in the wrong place. Here it is:

I'm not sure of the policy, if any, about bad mouthing one of the companies shown on the side of the page...but......I'm kind of "PO'd" at one of them. I sent them an email with a question about 2 weeks ago. No answer yet! If I got the right answer I wanted to buy 2 rims from them. That was in the email also.
Maybe they are just so busy they can't be bothered. BTW, this happened once before with the same company.
If a moderator gives the okay I will say the name of the company.

Terry

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I've bought three or four items at Pirates through the years- and no complaints here.
The stuff arrived quickly and was a good value otherwise.

sorry to hear you've had some trouble.

Joshua2012

Mar 24, 2013
north dakota
I will not speak for others but In my experience with diff vendors Pirate has been top line with me albeit a lil pricey on some stuff. But always had prompt shipping with Justin. Sorry to hear you had an Issue and I hope you get It cleared up with Pirate Cycles. And I do agree that any business could use customer service department to answer questions and surprised that you got no answers.

Last edited:

jimmymc2286

Nov 26, 2012
Indiana
I sent Pirate Cycles an email about one of their products. Never did get an answer. I read this was a problem so I call them up. To my surpise they answered after only 2 rings. Answered my question and sent the product that day. I no longer send them emails but they have answered the phone everytime.

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
I have ordered twice and got the item in 2 days. I think I called in the order the first time, and emailed it the second. I say give them another chance.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I mean really? didn't answer your email so they suck? Welcome to a very busy world ........instant gratification isn't always at our fingertips......you sound like a whiner to me.

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
I've only ordered from them once, just to get some amsoil saber, it took 7 weeks to be delivered after payment. seems like a very long time to me, but i still received it. Attempted to email after a month and never got a reply.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I was on from delivering parts cycles once upon a time until I bought my PK 80 from them well it took 3 weeks to get here I didn't get a tracking number in till the day it arrived in the tracking number was wrong it was missing 2 digits .it took me 2 and a half weeks to get my AMSOIL .

Feb 6, 2013
Mesa, Arizona
I mean really? didn't answer your email so they suck? Welcome to a very busy world ........instant gratification isn't always at our fingertips......you sound like a whiner to me.
I didn't have any bad experience with Pirate Cycles. I never really contacted them. I knew what I wanted to get, so I sent in an order and it arrived fast.

But owning a business and not answering customer e-mails for two weeks is bad customer service and not very professional. You put off responding e-mails when it's friendly greetings from a person you barely know or something like that. You can't just ignore emails when you own a business and justify bad customer service by saying that you're busy

CoolCruiser

Jun 15, 2012
Massachusetts
I didn't have any bad experience with Pirate Cycles. I never really contacted them. I knew what I wanted to get, so I sent in an order and it arrived fast.

But owning a business and not answering customer e-mails for two weeks is bad customer service and not very professional. You put off responding e-mails when it's friendly greetings from a person you barely know or something like that. You can't just ignore emails when you own a business and justify bad customer service by saying that you're busy
But the OP was just asking them a question about a item they have listed on their site, this wasn't about an existing order, they hadn't taken his money. You might not like thst they don't take the time to answer every question but in no way does this warrant a bad review.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
never had a problem with pirate cycles, but if you look around on here, there are alot of people complaining about lack of customer service from them. i dont care, if i have a question chances are the answer is on here if you use the search button. i cut the guy some slack, hes running a mail order business and a actual physical shop at the same time to a niche market. i will continue to order parts from him, and if i have questions about anything, i will search on here or wing it and take a guess.

Dirt bag

Mar 15, 2010
elberta al
Trying to deal with pirate cycles is like taking a shot in the dark, if you hit the target you are very lucky, but you probably won't hit it !!!

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Just like anybody else who deals with hundreds of customers a day,,sometimes you have to be a PITA to get through,,email,call,email,call,continue.......I know I even have a hard time keeping up with my email/texts and all that stuff and Im lucky if I sell a bike or two a month.

The sprocket/adapter that came with my last purchase is from PC and I cant say anything bad about the product,,although I have seen them a little cheaper elsewhere.