Pirates

GoldenMotor.com

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
Yeah that's right, pirate cycles. I'm here posting to warn anyone considering buying from pirate cycles and to ask that their link be removed from the forum. I found out about pirates from this site, and after looking at their website I decided to buy a part from them because it looked like a nice part for my style bike. I did not know that their customer service was completely non existent at any hour of the day every day of the week, I also did not know that their parts would be noted as "Will ship within 24 hours" for 2 weeks straight. I asked
someone else about their experience with pirate cycles and this was it.

"Did you ever get your parts from pirate or did you get a refund?"

"I got my parts (engine kit'), but it was a lemon. then they never answered the phone, or returned emails."
"It was over a month later and they sent me a email stating that they would not return the motor."

I have a bit of bad luck, but as I start to look around and notice it wasn't bad luck but a bad person on the other end of the transaction. I suggest you and anyone you know Never deal with pirates.

Last edited:

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
Sorry to hear that you (and others) have had a bad experience with them. This has not been the case for me though. Maybe I am lucky but I ordered a sprocket adapter and a massload kickstand from them in 2 separate orders. Both times I called to confirm the availability of parts and both times they answered by second ring. If I was you, I would try calling first thing in the morning. That has worked for me.

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
I got a reply from pirates no less than 20 minutes after this thread posted. This is a really inefficient customer service dept.

lol

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Maybe they read your post.
Bad publicity keeps vendors on their toes, that's the power you have as a consumer.
Negative press here means less business for them and a bad rap sticks.

They don't want that.

I know I would think twice before I ordered.

jimmymc2286

Nov 26, 2012
Indiana
I have bought 1 engine kit from them and ordered parts for upgrades more than my wife needs to know. Not one time did they not go out of their way to make sure I got what I needed. They found a mistake I made in an order and called to check with me. Not bad service for me.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I have had nothing but good luck with them! Maby it was just good luck, but I'll be purchasing from them again.

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
I finally got em on the phone. I wish they could have answered one of my phone calls or emails before I had to post this thread initially. I underestimated the power of forums.

Pirates if your reading this I suggest you make a 30 minute window on your website where your Customer service dept. is open and all you guys take calls on Pinger lines (phone service you can use on an ipod best part is its free when they call you). you'd need an ipod and wifi, but everyones got that right?

rhodeisland

Oct 30, 2012
Rhode Island
I have purchased quite a bit of items from Pirate.
Sometimes I might not get a ship out confirmation but alot of companies also don't do that.
I have never been burned by these guys and I will continue to purchase from because I know that they are honest and always come through.