Where tobuy cheap 26X1.75 rear freewheel hub 12gauge spokes doublewall

GoldenMotor.com

dirk005

Dec 15, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale
I have two no flat solid foam tire tubes(walmart) in front and rear tires.
The front wheel is 14 gauge.
The rear is doublewall freewheelhub 12 gauge with pirate cycles hub adapter and sprocket but it is 26X1.5 which is very thin rim.
I want a 26X1.75 freewheel hub 12gauge doublewall wheel for cheap.
Like $30 to $35.
Where can this be bought.
Most are coaster and I don't want that.

Also I have a 1.003 hub adapter from pirate cycles. With a 36 tooth sprocket.
If I but a 44 tooth sprocket from Pirate cycles can it fit there 1.003 hub Adapter.
PIRATE CYCLES does a poor JOB explaining to first time buyers that the 36 tooth sprockets are very small and you can buy the bigger sprockets.
The options makes it seems you can only buy the 36 tooth sprocket.

I am going to report them to the Police or Authorities for their sell and no contact policy.
-----------------
Also please note don't ever buy from PIRATE CYCLES, what they are doing is ILLEGAL.
They sell products and offer no Customer Service if a part sent is bad or can be adapted.
You buy something there and your on your own which is very BAD Business.
Soon someone shall make the same Hub adapters and put them out of business.
They have some hardware to sit around and make the parts. If I had the time I would do it but I have other business to attend to.
They don't have the man power to be running a business potential of that size.
They have the parts but their policies on business customer service and tech support is going to make their competition copy them and put them out.
I have sent over 5 emails and many calls to buy more parts and they are a no show.
If your new to this cheap way of transportation then DON'T BUY FROM PIRATE CYCLES.
Its a Headache you don't need. Other places make hub adapters and those parts as well.
I shall not change this thread until I get reasonable customer service tech support from after buying their products.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I just went on Pirate's site, clicked on the hub adapter, selected adapter size 1.003-1.008, and then clicked where it says choose sprocket, and the drop-down menu brings up a whole list of available sprocket sizes, from 36t all the way up to 62t. By the way, there is not much chance of them offering any technical assistance or correcting what you view as bad business practices. I'm not being rude, just honest. I received very poor customer service from them and I emailed them to try to give them a chance to correct it. I gave them 3 days to respond to my email before posting a negative thread here. They have not responded to this day, and that was late this summer. They don't log onto this forum or care what anyone here thinks or has to say. I'm pretty sure they are not even members here. When Pirate Cycles was under original ownership, their customer service was much better. It was sold I believe earlier this year, and customer service has plummeted horribly since then. The new owner's don't care. I will tell you one thing. If they are conducting business in an unethical fashion (which is probably something a lawyer would be able to tell you), its a civil matter, not a criminal one. You could call the police all you liked, they wouldn't do anything. I would recommend reporting the the Better Business Bureau if you feel that wrongly about the situation.

obesepolice

Apr 5, 2012
irving, texas
I just don't think you know what you bought. Do some research on sprocket sizes, you might actually be surprised. And buyers remorse is no justification for vendor bashing. ANd while I agree you cannot get ahold of them ever, you should have done more research so you know exactly what your getting.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Why is it that you're perfectly capable of using this forum to bash Pirate Cycles, but you couldn't read any of the info that's here on this forum for you about these products to make a good decision about buying a product in the first place??? WTF??? :rolleyes: