my second bike

GoldenMotor.com

Nikopolis

Jul 21, 2008
Hello everyone,
My name is Nick and I have built my second bike using the 80cc kits.
My first was a Columbia I purchased on line... and it was ok but a little short for my body length.
I love my new one as it's a pre ww2 AMF Roadmaster.
I took the old fake tank and made a real one with fiberglass which looks and works great.
I would appreciate someone telling me the truth and facts about the claimed 150 mpg... as I don't feel I'm getting that. Can I fine adjust the carb or anything to get the best mpg. I also live in a hilly area and I realize this can affect that as well. Anyway thanks for any and all help. Nick

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Not much you can do with the carb to my knowledge. I think some of the guys have rejetted it that might help. Other wise there is no adjustment just for fuel efficiency.

Im sure others know a lot more than me and might be able to help

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us :)

I get anywhere from 120-135 mpg...Alot of it has to do with your size and weight of your bike and terrain.

:ride2:

ralex999

Aug 12, 2008
Hi There Nick. Welcome to the forum. The easiest way I have found to get 150 miles per gallon is to find a reaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllly high mountain, anywhere in the Colorado Rocky Mountains with an altitude of about Ten thousand feet will do. Take the bike directly over the edge. Do not take the road down (and do not pass go and collect $200) but dive directly over the edge. This is the only way I know of to guarantee a hundred and fifty miles per gallon. It also helps if you are 90 pounds and made in Taiwan. Usually, a large man with a spare intertube around his waste, peddling to start the bike from stops and coasting down hill once in awhile can get between a 100 to 125 miles to a gallon. Keep in mind that most tanks out there are about a half gallon so 50 to 60 miles is the normal for fill ups. But considering that hunk of metal we call a SUV and about a hundred dollars to fill the tank, I can live with 50 or so miles to a tank when it only cost about a buck and half to "fill her up". Happy motoring and don't forget to duck.....

LordMaximo

Aug 31, 2008
High Plains Desert, Roy UT
A parchute is recommended for cliff jumping with the bike....lol.....8-0

If you have a bike with gears, you can average substantial mileage. But with only a direct drive to your rear sprocket, not as much as you might wish you were getting. I would suggest going to a jack shaft and redirecting the drive to a geared assembly, this will definately inhence your mileage. Good luck, Maximo :cool:

Building the beast is just as fun as riding one.