Hello fellow mechs...

GoldenMotor.com

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
New to the motorized bike building, not new to mechanics. I do muscle cars, dirt bikes and I'm a lic. Aircraft mech. I see some Have built the Riverside before, seems that there is a front mount required and some rear sprocket stuff needed. Could someone please give me some advice before I break the welder out(LOL).
Thanks and It's great this Site is here.

MAC

P.S. 80cc slant head.

Last edited:

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Yes, I have a riverside. What I did on it at first was a cheap quick easy way which I would not recommend doing. My motor kit came with extra motor mounts, so I turned the extra one the oppisite way to make it longer then used the bracket that is supposed to be used to drill tha frame. Now I just ordered a Motor mount from Creative eng. That is by far the way to go, as your motor will be sitting perfect, straight. Plus it will be easy to take the motor off quick if needed.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
rkorson4209,
Thanks for the info on the front mount. I've seen so many options on this subject, Being a welder I could fabricate.... but it appears that someone did that already, so why not spend the 15 bucks?? makes sense to me!
Thanks again.
R/Mac