Mike Chiavetta's Curtis Motorbike

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Mike's first bike got so much attention wherever he took it, that it ended up in Hot Rod Magazine. He sold the Henderson styled bike and is now building a Curtis inspired motorbike. Both bikes feature a K91 Kohler Engine. I sold him a motor and it ran for a few minutes and quit. Still figuring out what's wrong with it but I have another one ready for him. I'll hook up with Mike at Donut Derelicts this Saturday.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I got Mike a replacement motor and he reports it runs great and installed it into his bike and took a nice ride on it. He will have the bike at Donut Derelicts this Saturday and offered me a ride, but I won't get to see it because I'm working the parade downtown all morning.
I'll post more photos when I get to see it completed.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Yeah, Mike's quite a craftsman and artist. He made the number plate from sheet metal using a coat hanger and chisel. it looks like it was bead rolled.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Needs to go back in HotRod with it ,Between you and him,be peach of a pare when it comes to building..................Curt

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Nice bikes. The one is already setup with the barrel dyno.. and man that headlight on the second one.. I don't think it's big enough laff

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Looking further though.. really likin' the first one.. good mounting for the license plate. mine is set bobber style facing back and is bending from the wind resistance over 40mph.

Also like how the engine crankcase continues through and below the bottom tube.

What kind of truck is that curtis sitting in there?

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Looking further though.. really likin' the first one.. good mounting for the license plate. mine is set bobber style facing back and is bending from the wind resistance over 40mph.

Also like how the engine crankcase continues through and below the bottom tube.

What kind of truck is that curtis sitting in there?
His truck is a 1924 Dodge woody.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Hi Curt. Mike says the headlight is some kind of vintage accessory he mounted 90 degrees to the way it was originally used. I saw Mike at Donut Derelicts yesterday and he added a nice homemade guard but I didn't have my camera so I'll post a photo next time.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Mike added a chain guard and fake oil pan to his bike. He even made an oil drip off the drain plug out of resin. I told him he needs a fake puddle to throw under it when parked.