no baffle, is it bad

GoldenMotor.com

motorized kodiak

Aug 3, 2013
australia
hey every one, i took off the baffle of my bike and it is so powerful now, but is is bad for my engine? at full throttle it does sound weird, something got to do with back pressure? anyway,im planning on building my expansion chamber with a muffler, is the expansion chamber better than no baffle? thanks

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
yeah an expansion chamber is much better - never mind that an open baffle is loud, annoying and will not make you popular with your neighbors.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Depends on what muffler you have. If you have one of the new-style EPA mufflers with the giant catalyst in it you shouldn't be harming your engine at all. There is enough back pressure in the catalyst to keep the fuel mixture from blowing out. I've taken my end cap off before, ran it a bit, then got deaf put it back in....repeated. lol :D

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
does it damage my engine over time?, if i lose back pressure, can i get it back? thnaks
You can never replace lost back pressure.....once it's gone, it's gone for good.

On another note the increased noise will tick your neighbors off and probably get your bike impounded by the law or something of similar nature. It really only sounds like it's faster or has more power.....in reality, it doesn't. Sound can be deceiving.....that's all ;)