Just getting started with my 1950 Panther project

GoldenMotor.com

Squazzo

Mar 2, 2011
Illinois
HI,
My name Is Jason, I have a 1950 Schwinn Panther BTR bicycle that I am going to put a PK80 2 stroke motor kit on.....I just recieved the motor kit today.....I am putting the motor on the bike because I need a cool Pit bike to take to Bonneville Salt Flats for Speed week this year in August. I think Im gonna need some sort of different motor mounts, cause the thing didnt come close to fitting before resting on my sproket....a friend and I are fabbing a Aluminum fuel tank to fit between the frame tubes...Any Motor mount advise would be appreciated...Im sure I could come up with something......but I would like to know if there is a standard solution for my setup. Thanks again! Jason

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
The Panther is an awesome bike for motorizing! Im getting ready to put a 47 Whizzer in mine, as far as your mounting problem you need to double up on the mounting blocks it will raise the motor above the chainring.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
The Panther is an awesome bike for motorizing! Im getting ready to put a 47 Whizzer in mine, as far as your mounting problem you need to double up on the mounting blocks it will raise the motor above the chainring.
yep, ditto on doubling up the motor mounts. You'll need to pick up some longer studs. I got a length of all thread rod from fatenall and made my own.

Also ditto on the Panther frame. Wonderful, comfortable ride... well made and good looking. I ran my 50 with a HS and Qmatic tranny, recently upgraded to the 99cc Predator engine with the same tranny and y next year will use the same engine with a variale speed transmission inspired by Wayne Z.

You're in for some kind of fun!
SB