help out a fat man

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Someone who knows something about weed eater engines give me a hand here.

I have a used motor here and I took the carb off and replaced it. When I hooked it up I didn't remember which line went where. If I put one line on the top opening in the carb it pours gas out the carb through the intake. If I reverse the lines it doesn't get seem to get any gas at all.

It runs with the gas dripping out but I'm afraid it will catch fire since it is hitting the hot exhaust.

It does it with both carbs so what have I done wrong exactly the same. So which is the return line and which is the supply line. Or is there a way to just set it up to use one line.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
this is a nightmare lol... I went looking on the web and found a lawn tool site that gave some information on it. The Lines have to be hooked up just right and I didn't have them right.

Then the new lines in the tank started to leak around the opening, then the bulb disintegrated. I am tempted just to go buy a new weed eater to destroy but my cheapness wont let me.

I ordered a new bulb. While I wait for it I'm going to jb weld closed the gas holes I have now and reroute the lines through the top. I'm saving the gas tank against my better judgment. It is convenient but way too small and we all know what happens when you run out of gas with a friction drive 2 stroke. I know the engine runs so I'm going to take a chance and keep working on the build. I can always buy the new one later.

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
Most small engines have 2 fuel lines with different diameters. The larger diameter line usually goes to the primer bulb and the smaller line goes directly to the carb. THe smaller line is the pickup line usually with a pickup or inline fuel filter. The larger line that goes to the primer bulb is the return line. It doesn't make sense but that's how it is on my carbs.

I had this same issue previously and I ended up going to Home Despot and looking at a similar weedwacker that was on display to figure out my carb line routing.

Hope this helps!

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Man I crossed the two lines on the bulb and the gas just ran out of the carb again. I finally got it all right but by that time the engine was flooded. I giving it some time to dry out now. If I went through all this and that engine is a dud I am going to really be upset.