Marvin Martian's Motorized Madwagon Makeover

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Just came in from the first run with the new setup and can't seem to wipe the stupid grin off my face:) The new goodies are: 18mm Mikuni carb flowing thru custom (aka homemade) intake manifold. 67cc BGF motor with piston skirt trimmed to clear intake port. The exhaust pipe is as close as I could get to the measurements spat out by JavaPipe-Tuned Pipe Design program. I still need to make a muffler, as you can tell if you watch the video. (I'm pretty sure the neighbors hate me already) Once the muffler is on I will have to tweak the jetting/adjustments on the carb, but it seems pretty close right now. I can't figure out how to post the video so here is the link to my photobucket page. The video is on there, if you're interested. It's called throttle tuning. Hehe Hehe.
Madwagon v2 pictures by et3nrat - Photobucket

Attachments

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I watched the vid, pipe sounds cool! Good job Marvin!!

I'm interested to hear how you make out with the 18mm carb after you get some running time in...18mm should give you all the revs you'll ever need ;)

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Thanks, Rockenstein, I'm starting to wonder if I should have used a higher max rpm in the javapipe program. I used 6000. I don't know if a 67cc want's to rev much more than that with the stock porting, though. The good part is that even with the 34 tooth gear and my 300lbs on board, the thing pulls like a tractor from a way lower rpm than my old motor (50cc) did.

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Marvin,
I always admired that bike and thought it looked sturdy and tough looking.
I used it for my desktop background for quite awhile back in 2009.

How's it still doing?
It was quite an inspiration to me when I first joined here.
Awesome job man.

TiM