skyhawk gt2a frame new build

GoldenMotor.com

Robbie

May 21, 2015
Calgary canada
Here's pictures of my new build a skyhawk gt2a frame monark forks. 66cc 2 stroke chrome engine with SBP shift kit 7 speed. Shaved head to 5 cc. Ported & polished cylinder and intake. No head gasket. Runtong Dellorto clone carb. Exhaust gutted. Springer seat. Cruiser handle bars. Electra black leather tool bag. Alloy Rims.

Attachments

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Wow. That's some crazy compression. You running pump gas on that if it's shaved to 5cc? Good looking bike too. I have always been a fan of the GT2A frame.

Robbie

May 21, 2015
Calgary canada
I run 94 Octane.With some stp octane booster a Cap or 2 per liter. I also have a chrome head Shaved to 5 cc. Also but it pings really bad unless i use a head gasket.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Haha I know your old frame pretty well. That's what I am using currently. All I'd worry about with a 5cc is knocking like you said AND you'll be running pretty hot with a set-up like that too. Sounds like you got your witts about ya though ha!

Robbie

May 21, 2015
Calgary canada
That's the great thing about them you blow, melt and brake stuff and it only costs $20 or $30 bucks to fixer up! And u get the fun of tinkering around priceless!!! Well not really priceless $20
unless your not mechanical or don't like tinkering go to 4 Stroke.

Robbie

May 21, 2015
Calgary canada
Put the Runtong Dellorto clone carb on. But had to get a offset z intake but the filter was hitting the fuel petcock. So I had to cut it so it was angeld. Here's a picture.
I ran the speed carb but it wasn't jetted rite I would have to back off the throttle a bit 4 it to run rite it would bog @ WOT. I think jetting was too rich? It didn't seem any better than stock NT carb besides it has a fuel shut off petcock onit. Eventhough the air opening is a millameter or 2 larger. So i went back to stock NT carb until i got the Runtong it definitely runs better. All I did to it was increase the slide angel with a file to 30 degries ish.

Attachments

Robbie

May 21, 2015
Calgary canada
I just did a compression test on my 2 heads. No head gasket just a small amount of copper R.T.V.
CHROME head 5.0cc- @195p.s.i. this head has pinging with no gasket
BLACK head 5.3cc [email protected].
I run 94 Oct. With stp octane boost.
I ordered hd lightning cdi I'll post & let u know if the 5.0cc pings with that. I measure cc with water 1 ml.= 1 cc.

Robbie

May 21, 2015
Calgary canada
Oh! I have a 3rd stock replacement head 8.6cc. 85 to 90 p.s.i. it has a deep chamber it only went 40km per hour with 44t stock sprocket. So i bought a new motor and that's when I noticed that cylinder heads were different on all 3 of my engines. The casting manufacturing tolerances are not good. So when I got new engine I Shaved head to 5.5cc & put on old motor & it went from 40km to 63km per hour. This was 2 years ago with my old bike. My lesson sanding heads makes a big difference!!!!