homemade hub adapter?

GoldenMotor.com

jazz2561

Sep 20, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Ok ladies and gentlemen, I have officially ran out of money in my build budget. I am using electra aluminum wheelset with a shimano cbe110 rear hub. My question is has anyone modified this type of hub for a sprocket flange? Has anyone ever made their own hub adapter?

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I'll always have a warm spot in my heart for Huntsville. The home of the Saturn V rocket.

Oh, well......enough of that.

A hub adapter, I would think, needs to be built to some fairly close tolerances and it'd need to be strong. Not that I'm trying to discourage you. I can admire a person willing to tackle a difficult task. But you might have to go slow and careful.

Maybe you ought to use the rag joint to get around and then build your own hub adapter on a spare wheel. Then you could take your time about it.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
It fits the Shimano just fine (what I put it on). I don't have the proper insight to advise you about the 36t with the 4 cycle engine. I'm sure that others will provide enlightenment.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
It's very beefy, finely milled aluminium. I'll go take a pic of the hub and post in this post.

Last edited: