Socal Motor Bicycle Racing @ Willow Springs May 30, 2015

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Whose coming to the Greatest Motorbicycle Racing on Earth? While quite a few of the regulars attended the first race this year, quite a few didn't.

What has become of Joker Racing, Jake Busey, Big Boy Cycles, msrfan, agk and the Beatles...just to name a few?

There ain't no racing without racers.

dnut

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Our 15th race since June 18th 2011 which was at this Go Kart Track.

Sat May 30th 2015 will be our 4 Year Anniversary and only the 3rd
time racing the 9 turn go kart track.

Friday May 29th has the go kart track reserved for our practice
for only $25 from 8 am to 5 pm payable to Willow Springs.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
And this will be racing the track counter clockwise as usual.
Yes, CCW but we will be taking a good look at what it takes
to race it Clockwise in 2016.

You can race in the Midrange class on your 212 cc green hulk if you give the pack a 1 lap lead just like AGK's rider did at our June 2011 race at the Willow go kart track.

Remember that? :D Good times!

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, CCW but we will be taking a good look at what it takes
to race it Clockwise in 2016.

You can race in the Midrange class on your 212 cc green hulk if you give the pack a 1 lap lead just like AGK's rider did at our June 2011 race at the Willow go kart track.

Remember that? :D Good times!
Yes, I remember that and that sounds just fine......at least I'll be racing someone besides myself.

dance1

I think that track would be really funky racing it clockwise.....

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
A little question for the promoter here.......if myself or one of my sons were to race my 99cc commuter bike, what class would it now fall into?

It has a 99cc 4-stroke Predator engine as you know and it produces maybe 4.5 horsepower. I'm seriously considering bringing it back to the race track, what do you think?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
A little question for the promoter here.......if myself or one of my sons were to race my 99cc commuter bike, what class would it now fall into?

It has a 99cc 4-stroke Predator engine as you know and it produces maybe 4.5 horsepower.]
The plan is to divide the Midrange class into two classes that race together but are scored separately.

Your 99cc would be in the lower class along with all the lower powered bikes like Harry's Briggs, Big Boy Cycles, msrfan, Whizzers, etc.
I did hear from Big Boy recently that they will be back to the rsces.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The plan is to divide the Midrange class into two classes that race together but are scored separately.

Your 99cc would be in the lower class along with all the lower powered bikes like Harry's Briggs, Big Boy Cycles, msrfan, Whizzers, etc.
I did hear from Big Boy recently that they will be back to the races.
Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. If that class interferes with me racing the big bike, I'll let one of my kids have some fun with it. Should be great fun as always!

brnot

This is my Dad's birthday, he'll be 82yrs. old, I hope he will make it to this race as he is my best friend as well as being my Pop's!

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
33 days to the race!

PS:The Willow Springs gate is LOCKED on Friday night at 9pm?
so you need to get there before 9pm or you will have to leave
your car outside the gate.
There are no tie downs built into the pit areas like Grange so you
will need to bring stakes or weights to tie your EZ Up down with.

The #87 bike in the pic above has been transformed to this by
Sarge it's new owner.

kevo

Jan 4, 2015
Murrieta ca
Neil I will be there for sure. Will there be a class for me to run my white bike in? Last race I got bumped into some strange class. I think I should have been 5th midrange/ 1st intermediate. Hopefully I'll have my race bike done then. I's the track similar to the grange? Totally flat or small hills?
Kevo

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
We're bringing a bike out of storage for the May 30th race. It's been a long time and we'd like to get back out on the track.

Blayze will be riding this bike in the unlimited class. Scotto, it sounds like there haven't been very many entries in this class. Please bring the king of unlimited so Blayze has someone to race with!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
We're bringing a bike out of storage for the May 30th race. It's been a long time and we'd like to get back out on the track.

Blayze will be riding this bike in the unlimited class. Scotto, it sounds like there haven't been very many entries in this class. Please bring the king of unlimited so Blayze has someone to race with!
Hey Shane, I thank you for bringing your Son and the monsta bike so I don't have to race against myself......tell him to go easy on me!

It'll be great seeing you guys again at the track, you've been sorely missed.....see you there for sure :)

EDIT: I'm thinking of bringing the 99cc for one of my kids to race as well......we shall see :eek:

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Neil I will be there for sure. Will there be a class for me to run my white bike in? Last race I got bumped into some strange class. I think I should have been 5th midrange/ 1st intermediate. Hopefully I'll have my race bike done then. I's the track similar to the grange? Totally flat or small hills?
Kevo
The Willow Springs Kart track is dead flat, 5/8th mile and 9 turns.
We are racing CCW

here is the track layout.
http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/page.php?id=30

Sorry, you don't say what the difference is between your
white bike and your race bike.
Are you trying to race in 2 classes?

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Sorry Ken, but the cut off is 4.699 HP so you are in the big boy class with #98 and #59.

Chris was leading when he threw away your bike and 1st place in the dicey off camber corner.
Keep it on 2 wheels and who knows if Chris would have held Brian off for the win?
Sorry I meant 4.96hp and yes...I've seen the damage to my bike from the last race. lol In fact its still under repairs. laff