My first build.

GoldenMotor.com
Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Thanks all. It feels good to finally get some of the cosmetic stuff done. the long cables were driving me nuts, I was just a bit hesitant to cut the throttle cable up for fear of the home made cable end coming off randomly but I think what I made is stronger than the original so fingers crossed. I actually had all tge green, white, and clear paint sitting there from day one, I just held off knowing I would have the jug and covers on and off a bunch getting the porting and overall set up finished so why take chances on scratching it all up was my thought. Well all the new parts are supposed to be here tomorrow and I'm off Thursday so if things go right it will be back together and on the way to how I plan on this one being done.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Like where you are going with this build. I have a diamond frame fixie hanging in my garage and will soon have an extra engine. Very tempting.

Heres a good lengthy read. Skip to the section on expansion chambers. explains a lot. Read especially about less than round cross sections. This is off Jaguars website, he offers a wealth of information there for those that have not read it. Im on my third read of both these books and its starting to sink in. http://www.vintagesleds.com/library/manuals/misc/Two-stroke Tuner's Handbook.pdf

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Thanks guys! I stripped a hole in the jug installing the new intake. I will use tge exuse that the stock threads are sloppy after pulling the studs out and I was planning to heli coil them any way. I was able to get a bite on the last few threads and get it on to test with for now. The bolts i had in were bottoming out the way i had them set up and were just perfect with a washer under the spacer. Oh well, back to work so maybe I can get in a quick test ride with the new parts.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks guys! I stripped a hole in the jug installing the new intake. I will use tge exuse that the stock threads are sloppy after pulling the studs out and I was planning to heli coil them any way. I was able to get a bite on the last few threads and get it on to test with for now. The bolts i had in were bottoming out the way i had them set up and were just perfect with a washer under the spacer. Oh well, back to work so maybe I can get in a quick test ride with the new parts.
The Heli coils are great, but just a thought that might be doable for ya, is that you may see if you will have good threads after running a 1/4x20TPI bottoming tap in that stripped hole.

I did this on one of my engines that I broke a mounting stud off in, it worked great for me and is still solid as a rock witha good does of blue loctite on the new 1/4x20 studs, I just went ahead and tapped the other one out to match while I was at it.

Map