Wide Crank one piece

GoldenMotor.com

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
.duh..duh. I am having trouble finding a one piece crank on the Mint Craft bike the bearings and bracket are the same size as the Huffy Cranbrook, and many other cruiser bikes. The bearings are the 5/16 X 9 the inside diameter of the bearing measures 1 1/4" the outside diameter is 1 3/4" the Bracket opening measures 1 /7/8" the same measurements on the Cranbrook. So what one piece wide crank would I get and what size pedal thread 5/8" or 9/16" on the one piece crank. I do not want the three piece with the conversion kit. If any body has put one on the Cranbrook and knows what size all th bearings and pedals I could use the information. thanks

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Wide one piece cranks are getting hard to find. I have seen one recently. Thought it was on ebay but could not turn it up. There are plenty of 3pc conversions. The common 1pc BB uses 1/2" pedals. Its very easy to widen a standard crank a bit if you have the ability to heat it. There is also a thread here by Waynez on cold bending. Might want to search it. I needed a really wide(like 12") crank set up for a build and simply used a jackshaft kit to make my own BB using 3pc crank arms.

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
I ordered one from internet. Sated to them I wanted a one piece crank they advertised and showed a one piece but when I got it was a three piece without the conversion kit, I emailed them that I wanted a one piece, They tell me to send the three piece back to exchange it. They have the one piece. But decided they would send me what the wanted. I ordered the one piece from another seller. and I am going to send the other one back for credit.