HS-142 intake

GoldenMotor.com

BarryT

Dec 16, 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
Hello Out There!
Anybody out there ever run across a 90 degree intake adapter for the HS-142? Just a curved 90 degree pipe with flanges on each end. I'm having clearance grief stuffing this motor into a GT-2S frame. I managed to do this once before but, was never really happy with it.
Tanks
Barry

Ooontzler

Feb 24, 2014
Bay Area, CA
I searched high and low for this piece, but never found it. Closest I came was a custom flange from custommotoredbicycles.com - had to get 2 of them and take the angle grinder to 'em to get the desired result, and even then there's still some duct tape in my intake manifold. All started because of the same issue - clearance problems with the stock air filter. I tried all manner of rubber hoses, copper fittings, steel pipes, nothing worked and finally I just gave up and grabbed the duct tape.

zpt

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hello Out There!
Anybody out there ever run across a 90 degree intake adapter for the HS-142? Just a curved 90 degree pipe with flanges on each end. I'm having clearance grief stuffing this motor into a GT-2S frame.
I am working on an angled intake with a 19mm / 3/4" OD tube that will be paired with a Speed carb or a RT flat slide carb for the 50 cc Honda / Huasheng 4 strokes.

The idea is to get rid of the too easily plugged up stock butterfly carb and replace it with a larger, better performing and easily tuned carb that fits on tight frames.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I just use duct tape and a couple paper clips :D

Just kidding. You just need a larger framed bike or use modified Uni or K&N style after market air filters. Why would you want to use the stock air filter anyway?

Ooontzler

Feb 24, 2014
Bay Area, CA
I am working on an angled intake with a 19mm / 3/4" OD tube that will be paired with a Speed carb or a RT flat slide carb for the 50 cc Honda / Huasheng 4 strokes.

The idea is to get rid of the too easily plugged up stock butterfly carb and replace it with a larger, better performing and easily tuned carb that fits on tight frames.
This. I am quite interested in this.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just think how nice those plastic covers would look if you chromed them? It would definitely match better.

That set-up looks pretty nice Neil, good job!

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Just think how nice those plastic covers would look if you chromed them? It would definitely match better.

That set-up looks pretty nice Neil, good job!
Looks? Meh. IMHO, there's nothing more dumb than a chrome intake bits.
Ideally it's best to keep the intake as cool as possible.

Know what chrome does? It holds in heat. Everytime I see chrome engine intake parts or valve covers, I can't take the owner seriously :D

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Hard to beat the standard NT carb for durability and ease of tuning. Plus it's dirt cheap!
I've used the NT on a 5hp briggs flathead with good results. Decent power and great throttle response.

Ooontzler

Feb 24, 2014
Bay Area, CA
Hard to beat the standard NT carb for durability and ease of tuning. Plus it's dirt cheap!
I've used the NT on a 5hp briggs flathead with good results. Decent power and great throttle response.
Dumb question: can one use a carb labeled for a 2-stroke engine in a 4-stroke engine? I can't really think of a reason why not (all it does is mix air and fuel), but then again there seem to be a lot more carbs labeled as 2-stroke compatible vs. 4-stroke.

Carbs aren't really my specialty... .bf.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Dumb question: can one use a carb labeled for a 2-stroke engine in a 4-stroke engine? I can't really think of a reason why not (all it does is mix air and fuel), but then again there seem to be a lot more carbs labeled as 2-stroke compatible vs. 4-stroke.

Carbs aren't really my specialty... .bf.
Good question!!! - That's what maniac57 was talking about when he used a 2 stroke Happy Time/China Girl carburetor on a 4 stroke Briggs and Stratton engine. Something to watch for when using a 2 stroke carburetor with a 4 stroke engine is a diaphragm carburetor with a pulse port that is connected to the crankcase.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Looks? Meh. IMHO, there's nothing more dumb than a chrome intake bits.
Ideally it's best to keep the intake as cool as possible.

Know what chrome does? It holds in heat. Everytime I see chrome engine intake parts or valve covers, I can't take the owner seriously :D
OK then, the orange and red plastic look great together?

You see any chrome on my machines? Yeah, as I was thinkin' :)

And check out my latest intake mani's......raw steel with brass all over. Any questions?

obesepolice

Apr 5, 2012
irving, texas

Are these available yet?