my junk

GoldenMotor.com

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
Since we have this section, I'll throw in my junk.....
Aside from a developing interest in MABs, my other passion is for my vintage Vespas, Campus 50s, and Allstate Mopeds.
Now, what's a "Board Tracker"....?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Pre-WWII motorcycles raced on banked tracks with a wood plank surface (they were probably bicycle race tracks, initially). No front brakes and many had no brakes at all, despite reaching high speeds.
Standard equipment handle bars were flipped upside down to make it easier for the rider to lean over into an aero position. I can only imagine the pain from all those splinters if you dropped your bike!
I never built a board tracker because that riding position is too uncomfortable for me.

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
Ken,
What is a Campus 50?

Tom
Hi,
It's a light weight 3 speed motorbike mfg. by PUCH and sold through Sears from the late 50s through the mid 60s. It's a kickstart 49 cc 2 cycle. Depending on how fat one's arse is, it'll do 35-40. I have one with only 23 miles, the other has 320 something. The shift pattern is 1 up, 2 down. This threw me when I first started to take off as I didn't realize it's opposite of a motorcycle. I had to resort to looking at the manual LOL!

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Hi,
It's a light weight 3 speed motorbike mfg. by PUCH and sold through Sears from the late 50s through the mid 60s. It's a kickstart 49 cc 2 cycle. Depending on how fat one's arse is, it'll do 35-40. I have one with only 23 miles, the other has 320 something. The shift pattern is 1 up, 2 down. This threw me when I first started to take off as I didn't realize it's opposite of a motorcycle. I had to resort to looking at the manual LOL!
Extremely cool looking bike there redrider48!
Love the organic looking shroud!