Project Street Racer

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Hear is a quick peak at what I have so far.

I'm not sure if I want to go for the low sleek laid back look ,or a more upright riding stance. We will have to see.
I'll be using Husky Wheels with 11ga spokes cb110 and front drum.
I like the look of these tires

FMB42

Sep 27, 2013
Idaho
That build is looking good so far SB. I like the braced bars too.

Hey, those tires look like a set I have (except mine are just black). That tread pattern seems to be pretty close to some of the biscuit style tires seen back in the BT/vintage days. Not sure about how mine will ride just yet (they're going on an electric(!) vintage styled Worksman build that I haven't finished yet.

Anyway, please keep us posted on your build.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
So; who makes / sells the tires?? Nice looking to say the least! You might post a pic on Ratrod bikes forum Somebody their would be able to identify the frame. Whole project looks great to me :)

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Slowbalt.
Is that shop heated? Build looks good, looks like a reed valve setup.

Jim

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
I noticed those tires on Ebay a while back and thought with the knobs they actually look a little like the button tires of the 1910’s & teens.

But I was hesitant to buy them because some of Kenda brand tires I had bought a few years ago were undersized even though marked 26 X 2.125. At just 1 5/8” tall off the rim they really looked small on my bike. I can’t really afford to make mistakes like that right now.

When you get to that stage I wonder if you would mind measuring them inflated? They sure are a good look!

Thanks in advance!

-Kirk

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I was hesitant to buy them because some of Kenda brand tires I had bought a few years ago were undersized even though marked 26 X 2.125. At just 1 5/8” tall off the rim they really looked small on my bike. I can’t really afford to make mistakes like that right now.

When you get to that stage I wonder if you would mind measuring them inflated? They sure are a good look!

Thanks in advance!

-Kirk
If I decide to go with them I will but I haven't deided if I'm going with them yet.