Unusual Vibration

GoldenMotor.com

Targan

Jun 22, 2013
Scottsdale
Hey guys, so I've recently replaced the piston rings on my bike and threw in an NGK irridium spark plug. I broke in my bike using high speeds and a lot of WOT. Usually my bike has zero vibration right until I'm about to hit the X Chamber spot where it vibrates a lot, after I get into the X chamber spot my bike doesn't vibrate anymore. (out of no where) Now it's kind of choppy when going slow and vibrates a BUNCH in my slow cruising speed and doesn't vibrate at all when hitting the x chamber. It sounds like something is rattling though and i cant pin point it (only during the slow cruise speed).

Thoughts?
I didn't know bikes just randomly changed vibration.

Targan

Jun 22, 2013
Scottsdale
I forgot to mention the first time i broke in my bike i did it very slowly and used WOT every now and then. After I replaced the piston rings a week ago I have been breaking it in with a lot of WOT. My bike HAULS now and gets zero vibration in the upper range, but vibrates and rattles like a monster in mid RPM range. Before it was the opposite. My cruising range was about 20mph but now Im forced to cruise at at least 30mph because of vibrations. I just find it very strange how the vibrations can change stages like that

Targan

Jun 22, 2013
Scottsdale
I'll check when I get home. The frame mount was lock-tited on and nothing appeared loose. I'll retorque everything then update.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
first check for loose motor mounts or cracked frame
I am curious as to why you had to replace the rings?
Regardless you had to pull the motor but I can't see it not going back in secure with mount system but as you know, hold the bike top bar with one hand and holding the engine head push it back and forth as hard as you can, if it moves it's not right.

With your setup maybe we should explore Ivan's new CDI design, it could just be an ignition timing issue with your performance enhancements, drop me an E and let's see what we can to improve that pesky mid range '4-stroking' ;-}

Targan

Jun 22, 2013
Scottsdale
Sweet, thanks KC. Yeah the motor visibly wiggles slightly when it's running, BUT i cannot move it with my hands when it's off. I'll see if I can bring the bike over next week. But basically the top end runs perfect. Just the lower rpms feel like it's ripping my bike apart.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Sweet, thanks KC. Yeah the motor visibly wiggles slightly when it's running, BUT i cannot move it with my hands when it's off. I'll see if I can bring the bike over next week. But basically the top end runs perfect. Just the lower rpms feel like it's ripping my bike apart.
Next week would be good as I am not working today, we are on death watch for my pops, he made it through the night but isn't expected to make it through the day today.

He made 80 years old this month so he had a long life, it's just hard.

Targan

Jun 22, 2013
Scottsdale
Next week would be good as I am not working today, we are on death watch for my pops, he made it through the night but isn't expected to make it through the day today.

He made 80 years old this month so he had a long life, it's just hard.
Wow, I am so sorry for your loss. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but i figured out the issue so no worries. My chain was loose, I realigned and tightened it. Back to normal!

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
Wow, I am so sorry for your loss. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but i figured out the issue so no worries. My chain was loose, I realigned and tightened it. Back to normal!
try this if you're looking to reduce vibrations significantly http://juicemotoparts.com/products/light-wieght-titanium-10mm-wrist-pin-for-49-66-80cc-engines.html

It's pricey but 8.5g is alot at 6000 RPM, and is as light as I can possibly find. Short of cutting up your piston or balancing your crank, this is the fastest and safest way to reduce the piston weight, and thus, vibrations.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
OK, so you are set, good ;-}
Pop's not so much, he passed last Saturday afternoon September 28th so there are a lot of arrangements to be made.

I am not working much right now.
Death is a natural order of life but it still sucks.