Clutch really tight

GoldenMotor.com

monadrew

Sep 15, 2013
Kenosha
I just got my bike running its a 2 stroke however the clutch is really hard to pull..Is there supposed to be a ball bearing behind the clutch pushrod that goes against the pressure plate??

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
If you mean under the front sprocket cover, then yes. There should be a short bar(the "bucking bar") and a ball bearing between the clutch arm and the inner pressure plate.
Search clutch adjustment for more tips!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If the clutch works, disengages when you squeeze the handlebar lever then the ball bearing is there. Those parts, the bucking bar and the ball bearing, as well as the cam in the cover need to be lubricated well and periodically.

As far as the clutch being hard to pull there are several things you can do to lessen it. Lubricate the clutch cable inside the housing. Make sure you have no sharp bends or kinks in the cable and that it isn't secured too tightly to the frame. It needs long sweeping curves.

There is also a modification you can do. Smoothing and polishing the end of the bucking bar and the cam where the two contact will decrease the friction noticably. I use a Dremel with a sanding disc and a bench buffer on those areas then lubricate with a good quality bearing grease.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Tom