AGK clutch and jackshaft for huasheng 142

GoldenMotor.com

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
What are peoples thoughts on this setup??? Is it a less problematic drive or does it have its own issues??? I like the simplicity and looks....

Any problems attaching it to the engine????

I've searched this forum but havn't found much on it....

I'm tired of fixing everyones 2 stroke, gonna get them all converted to 4 stroke.....

Thanks as always......

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...ode=A&Product_Code=2316&Category_Code=MTRBK49

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
What are peoples thoughts on this setup??? Is it a less problematic drive or does it have its own issues??? I like the simplicity and looks....

Any problems attaching it to the engine????

I've searched this forum but havn't found much on it....]
You won"t find any info here because it is a very new product from Affordable Go Karts.
I saw it for the first time on Facebook just a week ago.

Zero problems attaching. 4 bolts to the HS or Honda GXH 50 CC 4 strokes that the transmission was specifically designed for.

Should not have any problems because it uses the same heavy duty Max Torque centrifugal clutch as the Q Matic.

As announced in the Race forum AGK will probably have one to check out and test at the Sept 7th Socal Motor Bicycle Race at Willow Springs in only 3 days.

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
My understanding is the hs engine makes a tapered output shaft, 5/8 keyed short shaft, and 5/8 keyed longer shaft......I wonder which one this will fit on....

Guess I need to call them and find out.......

As soon as my mystery bike gets here The building fun will start........

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
My understanding is the hs engine makes a tapered output shaft, 5/8 keyed short shaft, and 5/8 keyed longer shaft......I wonder which one. this will fit?
This Affordable Go Kart jackshaft will work with the Honda and Hausheng ~ 5/8" straight shaft motors no matter what length they are.

All you are doing is installing a 10 tooth sprocket on the motor shaft.
Look at the photo.

It will not work with the tapered shaft Hausheng motor.

EZ Motorbike makes an adapter for the tapered shaft Hausheng so it can be used with the Q Matic but that adapter would not work with this new thicker jackshaft plate from AGK.

Hopefully I will be seeing and trying out the AGK drive at the race this Saturday.

I have never heard of 50 cc Hausheng 4 strokes having short motor shafts. That was only on Honda motors and they would still work with the AGK Jack shaft.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
My understanding is the hs engine makes a tapered output shaft, 5/8 keyed short shaft, and 5/8 keyed longer shaft......I wonder which one this will fit on....

Guess I need to call them and find out.......

As soon as my mystery bike gets here The building fun will start........

HS has a short and a long tapered shaft, not a long and short straight shaft. The HS is a 15.87mm (0.624803) not a 5/8" (0.625) shaft. It does make a difference - that's why some builders have to use a clutch shim on the HS crankshaft.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
HS has a short and a long tapered shaft, not a long and short straight shaft. The HS is a 15.87mm (0.624803) not a 5/8" (0.625) shaft. It does make a difference - that's why some builders have to use a clutch shim on the HS crankshaft.

Chris
seeing that a 10 tooth sprocket is going on the motor shaft I
don't see how the shaft being a little undersized will matter.

Made in USA Max Torque clutch.

Last edited:

dovedescending

Jul 7, 2013
Georgia
I was wondering where the clutch was... So question for anybody who was there: how does this stack up against the 4G and the Q-matic? The price is certainly right. Also, what gear ratios do we have here? Would this require a 56t or so final sprocket like the Q-matic? And what rpm does that clutch engage at?

Catfisher

Apr 10, 2010
Heart of Illinois
This Affordable Go Kart jackshaft will work with the Honda and Hausheng ~ 5/8" straight shaft motors no matter what length they are.

Hopefully I will be seeing and trying out the AGK drive at the race this Saturday.
Looking for an update. MotorBicycleRacing, did you get to see this at the track on Sat. the 7th and do you have any more info?

Thanks

.flg.

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego

Chris
Hi Chris,

I have the HS 49CC with what appears to be a "short" tapered shaft and was wondering if you or any reader has a workable solution so that I can install a Q-Matic, AGK Clutch & Jackshaft, or ANY other clutch/jackshaft assembly on this engine.

I'm looking for more low end torque to ascend the San Diego hills. On the flat surface, I can cruise at 34mph; however, will sacrifice top end speed for low end power.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Tony

Herdo

Sep 20, 2013
Glendale Arizona
Can someone explain to me what the difference between a jackshaft and the Q Matic and the SBP Shift Kit is? Are they all just basically transmissions? If you can, please try to explain it to me like I'm 5, haha.

Also, which one would be better for acceleration and hill climbing over speed?

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Can someone explain to me what the difference between a jackshaft and the Q Matic and the SBP Shift Kit is? Are they all just basically transmissions? If you can, please try to explain it to me like I'm 5, haha.

Also, which one would be better for acceleration and hill climbing over speed?
Herdo,

To learn the basics, start here: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=13279

After reading all the links, you will be able to talk with authority!!

worksuxxx

Jul 16, 2013
Omaha
I am itching to buy one of these. But I have checked the facebook link, all the link states is they are working on a chain guard for this agk jackshaft. I would rather see a cover. I couldn't imagine riding around with my leg that close to a chain and sprocket. I am definitely not one to do any fab work, so that is definitely out of the question.