Looking for a good, quality 4 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Hey guys

I'm a two stroker, but I'm rebuilding one of my first builds and want to put a 4 stoke on it. I want something that is reliable. I will be riding this back and forth to work. Doesnt need to be a speed demon, 25-30 mph.

Like I said, I new to 4 strokes so I really know nothing besides what I read from you guys (starting to feel like I did when I first started lol)

Thanks

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=37410&highlight=4g+bearing+mod

This is the thread for the bearing conversion..."The McMaster-Carr Oilite bushing is Part# 6659K33. If you have a credit card, you can order it from them for $1.71 + shipping, they send it fast. Get 3." posted by Aleman in another thread

That's also a good, nothing but good reviews from what I've seen... It's made in the U.S I think and its good quality. Just too pricey though

Last edited:

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Not that i have heard.
Just do a quick google search at the top of the page to double check.

The only thing i hate about the ezm is that it needs a big rear sprocket.
The 4g with the 100t pulley need something like 36t for a rear sprocket, which is popular size for the 2 strokers

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Hmmmm...ok. I'm just not too sure about the oilite bushing/bearing conversion. I don't really wanna have to file down a shaft and hope I did it right. Lol

I'm just now to were I feel confident building custom 2 strokes. Lol

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
You should email Jim Donovan Sr. at max-torque. They make a bearing clutch for the Honda gxh50,should work on a huasheng. Not sure if it runs a belt or a chain though. Maybe a custom tranny application?

Catfisher

Apr 10, 2010
Heart of Illinois
The builder of the EZM transmission is a member here, Quenton “Lee” Guenther. Call him at the East Coast number 252-475-0406. He will give you the best explanations.

I talked to him last week and we discussed the bearing issue. EZM does not have that problem and has several advantages in design. If you ever want or need to pedal some distance with the motor off the EZM is only turning one small bushing. Much less resistance passed through the system making it way easier to pedal.

I know it costs a little more, but I'm saving up for it because it is worth the difference.

.flg.

Drago

Sep 27, 2012
Rockies
Gasbike has the HS 49cc for $139, just doesn't come with a tank. Make sure the shaft is what you need and get the right carb. Comes with a diaphragm carb or reg carb.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Thanks for all the great info guys! This is why I enjoy this site so much. If I decide to go with either the HS 49cc or the EZM kit, are there upgradable carbs and exhausts for them? I'm not looking the make it a speed monster, but just a little better performance wise.

Been a 2 stroker, figured it's time to be a 4 stroker....lol!

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
I'm not going to sway you one way or another because I have heard great things about both gear boxes (qmatic and 4g). I am running the qmatic and like it. you have to run a larger sprocket that with the 4g, I am running a 56 tooth for more top end and so far it works well. They both use the same engine but the qmatic has its clutch located at the output of the gear box instead of on the output shaft of the engine. affordablegokarts.com has some engine upgrades but they may still be out of stock.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
There is not that many upgrades for the 49cc. Plus its a little expensive just for .5-1 hp gain
Your better off buying a 79/99 cc predator, removing the governor(Easy), buying the engine plate from agk, and hooking up an Ezm to it. They make a version that attaches to the predator, lifan, and so on

But a 49cc is a good place to start familiarizing your self with four strokes

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Yeah...I'm gonna start with the 49cc to get familiar with the 4 strokes. I will probably just slap on the Phantom exhaust because I like how it looks and possibly a new filter......

riptide_t

Jun 9, 2013
Toronto
Hi,

I'm looking for my first 4-stroke, and was looking at either the Huang Shen (from the states - I live in Canada) or I saw that SpeedDemon.ca is selling a 4-stroke, but it is a chinese motor with no name - but the price is awesome. The overall price difference (including shipping) would be ~$450 vs. $300. Is it worth the price difference? There are few options in 4-strokes so any advice would be helpful. I def want a 4-stroke as a commuter bike (no mixing, cleaner, quieter, etc).