1916 Taylar Indian

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
This is a pretty pricey bike as 90% of every thing Except Engine, 26" Wheels,linkage & Tranny is spec on spec from original Indian, the parts list for this bike is absolutely crazy WOW! for this build, notice the Albion Tranny, when it was torn down for inspection the fluid was still clear and gears and inners showed no sign of wear.
I believe Dan is correct when he said, "Building one of these bikes is an art"

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here is a little progress report on the 1916 Taylar Indian, forks are temporary as Dan will make his Signature Springer Forks,Tank,Oil Box,Custom front & rear Fenders and back bone tool box,
From my understanding Dan will fab a hand shifter linked to the Albion Trans that should be real cool

Attachments

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
Here is a pic of the drive line in a closer detail and one that Dan did last year
The red Indian is mine. I am going to enter it in a local motorcycle show for 4th of July. I will let you know how it does. I expect it to win

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
Overall, it is a beautiful piece of art. You can look inch to inch on the bike and see some amazing work. I sent the seat pan to Heather's Leathers(who did a great leather upholstery job, top notch) and they were ooing and ahhing over Dan's seat pan. It has compound curves and perfect bracket welds.
The GC160 is plenty torquey, no pedaling needed to start, and it will go faster than I am comfortable going.
What I like best is that Dan perfectly translated what I wanted. All communication was phone and emails. None of Dan's work is half rate, every weld and fabrication is beautiful.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Leadfarmer
Would it be possible to post a pic of that seat and perhaps a full blown side pic of the bike now that you've put some miles on it ?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here is the latest from Dan on the 1916 Indian and what the end results should be other than the engine this bike should be dead on to the original, those forks are mine and won't be used for the build there just for fit.

Attachments

Last edited: