Hi! I'm Weedy!

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Tecumseh AV520 670-01 2 cycle engine 30547A Points, 30548B Condenser, 30560A Coil (T-man).

Weedy should have a reed valve plate where carburetor bolts on. These often become rusted and do not seal properly. Labrat Weedy did not come from a snow blower, she was not exposed to the same environments. Her reeds remain uninspected at this post.

Reed valve is part # 470139A....DISCONTINUED by Tecumseh in 2007 (T-Man).

But will this become problem now? Unknown. They can be found on the internet from time to time. The old engines are not to hard to come buy and its easy to see having a few for parts. (Never give up) Quit when ready always served me well. If ignition problem are all that exists....NEW points and condenser will usually
do the trick

Credit
T-Man Dec 13, 2009 Small Engine Technical Forum
There is alway the CD conversion that bypasses the points the last one i bought was from NAPA Northern tool used to sell them also..........Curt

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I've made my own replacement reeds out of thin steel plates before...it's not a deal breaker if you can't find them.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Same here found a big old compreser that had reeds. took a Dremal tool with grinding stone,router atachment and resurfaced it and cut new reeds out of brass sim stock worked good........Curt

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
I am really glad to hear the last two post maniac57 and curtisfox; I was let dow a bit about the potiental reed problem.... but you two have provided more than hope but a method, Thank you both!

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Woh! Thats a nice link to have book marked.Thanks for your continued post.

In another thread and as stated on the url you posted is this

Will not work, "...with flywheels having a ring of magnets mounted internally to which the ignition coil (mounted underneath flywheel also) operates off of..."

Site also cites larger engines... mystery remains... I have been slamed with work this weekend and have not opend her up to take a look. I'll get to it in a few days. Grave's this week.

Need to post on the worksman newsboy I picked up for this build, and spoke a wheel and ... yea make a list...

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
When I dive into something that is old I tend to accumulate spare parts. Deliberty. Introducing Weedy's cousin, WEEDY on ICE that's NICE. I could not contain my purchase seeing the electric start. Found Ice Weedy on eBay buy now for $39.

Thank you again all who are following this build and in partictular those who have added solitions on the potiental reed issues that remain unknown at this time.

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Wow! You guys are great! A great big thinks to curtisfox for posting the link to Dracothered thread. Awesome! Now I have something to refer too!
motorbicycling.com ROX

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Thats what we are here for to help. Besides i can't wait to see your version when you build. Them engines are easy to come by here.Find them in garage sale and swapmeets. you got a good buy on yours.
I have a couple myself watching to see what and how they work out before i get going on mine................Curt