I have a brand new 80cc kit, when i had it it hard no spark, changed the magneto

GoldenMotor.com

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY
Catchy tune, Ain't it? I thought it was funny that ABBA was doin it.
Yeah, it's a GOOD MOOD song! Plus, I like the saloon atmosphere, women drinking beer, old time piano player....

If you guys really want a laugh, there is a post somewhere on here (can't find it right now), where some guy claimed to have assembled and sold two bikes but on his third build he couldn't get it to start and thought maybe it had something to do with "the spring thing sticking out of the side of the engine and was he supposed to twist it or something?....." LOL - Bairdco set him straight...

Groove.

Mopig

Dec 4, 2012
Earth
I guess the part of my point you are missing is with a MB if you don't have a firm grip on how it operates you could hurt yourself. You best wrap your head around how the clutch functions before you head out into traffic!
I could come back with something cocky, but I'll resist that temptation and let everyone have their fun at my expense.

**** happens, even to people who've dealt with motorcycles for 40 plus years.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
And sorry for the tirade Crassius, But I'm a little tired of people with NO patience with the younger people. I also have health issues. My Dr. actually told me I would be lucky to live to my next birthday, That was last August. Having personall issues is no reason to be so angry with anyone simply for being naive.
fatdaddy.
I see both sides on this....

A MB isn't a model airplane, it's not an average hobby, you can get hurt on a MB! When I read someone saying they forgot to operate the clutch it makes me worry this may be the guy that gets hurt! Sometimes people throw bikes together with no concern for safety and completely lack the basic knowledge of how the bike operates. The builds themselves are unsafe and the riders aren't equipped to handle a mb properly, it's just an accident waiting to happen. We all have read the stories and seen the pictures, "My motor was ripped from my bike and I crashed" "my tensioner went in my spokes and flattened my wheel and face". So I feel no guilt when I tell someone they need to step back and learn the basics about MB's before they jump on and ride...

On the other hand, if someone understands how to safely operate the bike but just can't get it running and someone rags on them for missing something obvious that's not cool. We all make bone head mistakes and overlook the obvious from time to time....

Sorry to hear about your health man, hope you surprise them all and hang in here with us for many many years....

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
What? Are you serious FD?? I hope the doc is wrong. I feel like we're buddies already.
Yeah, Sorry bro. I'm gonna prove that M.F. wrong for as long as I can though. This forum ain't big enough to list ALL my ailments, So I'll keep the explaination simple, It's the old ticker. I took Sex and Drugs and Rock & Roll very seriously in the 60's and early 70's. Too young to realize the ramifications. I'm a GREAT example of what NOT to do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfp8xrNAS6I
From the 70's.

Last edited:

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY
Ha! Mopig, that's hilarious. Hurry up and get your 20 posts so it doesn't say Newbie after your name LOL. You have a good sense of humor though..

Fatdaddy - Yeah, like Nightcruiser said.... many many more years.....

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I could come back with something cocky, but I'll resist that temptation and let everyone have their fun at my expense.

**** happens, even to people who've dealt with motorcycles for 40 plus years.

Enjoy.
I like yer attitude Crassius, Ya gotta have a sense of humor, especially when dealing with all the different types of people on this, or any forum. I hope you don't think I was poking fun at you, But you have your opinions, I have mine, and it's what makes this particular forum a better one. Most of the time people express their opinions here without the disrespect you'll find on a lot of other forums. And just so ya know. I'm 58 and have had a motor between my legs since I was 9. Minibikes were big when I was a kid. I put my first REAL bike together when I was 15, A Honda 305. If yer a little older you might remember those.
I hope you stay with this forum for a while. I think it's a good one and you sound knowledgable and would be an asset to the young noob's. But patience my brother, patience.