new predator 79cc project

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Waiting for parts is not fun. Really do feel for ya. Is cool AGK let ya know. Some co.'s just let ya hang.
Waited 4 months for a part from another company. Same deal. On "back order" and only reply I could get from them was "on back order" Finally gave up.

Exhaust looks cool Shwn. Kinda amazing all the stuff you can do with old handle bars. That is the first time I remember seeing one used for a pipe. Purty awesome.

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
still waiting on agk parts. i have talked to them on the phone and things should be here next week hopefully. im tired of staring at this bike im ready to ride!reddd

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Shwn,StatonInc. has what you're looking for. And its cheaper than AGK. And they sell pillow block bearings too. For future reference.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yep got a lot of parts from Staton, well satisfied...Even talked to him on the phone. Guided me through my problum,and sent a diagram........Curt

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
update: its running great, still not one major issue. it has a couple of thousand miles on it and i primarily use it for long trips. the predator engine is friggin awesome and AGK products are holding up well. id like to say thanks to everyone on here. without you guys this would not have been possible. if anyone out there has any questions feel free to message me.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
You can also just disconnect the throttle linkage from the governor on the outside of the engine. That's what I did after reading about a few members who did the same thing. You don't have to remove the innards from the governor.
That makes more sense to me.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
the reason why you want to remove internals is because the governer gear is plastic and it cant handle the higher rpms it will break apart inside the engine
I understand this logic, and have removed the governor gear from my engine. What I don't follow though is the CAM is also plastic on my engine (79cc Greyhound). Won't it also break apart at higher rpm?

Are the Predator cams also plastic?

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
I understand this logic, and have removed the governor gear from my engine. What I don't follow though is the CAM is also plastic on my engine (79cc Greyhound). Won't it also break apart at higher rpm?

Are the Predator cams also plastic?
not sure on that one. new preds dont have the plastic cam.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
All I did on my 79cc HF was disconnect the governor linkage and ran it with a Qmatic... did open up the air filter and ran a straight exhaust pipe. No problems. Then did the same with a 99cc Predator on a different bike and am still running it that way.Unless you are hopping up the engine my understanding is that all you need to do is disconnect the linkage. If I'm wrong then I guess I'm lucky nothing has come apart. Even without governors these don't rev very high.
SB