Clutch wont ENGAGE please Help!!

GoldenMotor.com

ryan10232

Jul 2, 2012
NH
Im new to this forum but I desperately need help. After countless hours of installing my engine, speedo, lights, ect. I cannot get the clutch to ENGAGE. It has nothing to do with the tension of the clutch cable. The pin in the center seems like it is not long enough to engage the clutch. Is it possible I was sent the wrong part? This engine is brand new and never been started.

When I put everything together, hook the clutch lever up and pull on it, there is no effect. The engine is still engaged and I can barley move the bike. I can see the lever on the engine moving when I pull the clutch but its about 1mm away from the pin! its not even touching it! It seems that if that pin was 1/4 longer it would work perfectly but it is too short to do anything.

You can see how short the pin is in the picture. Please help!

Attachments

ryan10232

Jul 2, 2012
NH
Can you please send me a link of were to get one or what it looks like? Thanks so much for the help!

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
The bearing is a 8mm bearing it sometime comes out when you pull the pin out.Our maybe they didn't put one in.So pull the pin out and watch to see if it comes out with it,if not stick a long magnet in there and see if it comes out then if not order one from a vendor,If you don't have one post back and i'll look for a vendor for you.

ryan10232

Jul 2, 2012
NH
I am definitely missing the clutch bearing. Could you help me find one online? Thanks for the help so far.