where can I get a good 80cc bike kit?

GoldenMotor.com

zoom2314

Mar 17, 2012
OTTAWA
I am trying to get a motorized bike kit. I have heard that china girl is the best, but I cannot find anyone who is selling one. does anyone know where to get one? or is there a better kit that I can get?

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Check Ebay, seaech "bicycle motor kits" and you uaually get a couple pages of them. Buy the cheapest one. they're all the same dubious quality, no matter who is selling them

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
china girl is not a brand, it is a nickname that people on this site call the two stroke bicycle engines. I personally cant stand the name, but to each his own. I also would suggest ebay. you can find a kit there for about 150 or less, and they are all about the same. also the 48cc and the 66cc perform about the same. what adds performance to any 2 stroke motor is an expansion chamber. do some research on expansion chambers here on the website and also through google.

zoom2314

Mar 17, 2012
OTTAWA
thank you very much I have found a kit!! do you know where I can get a shifter kit or something like that, so I can get some really good speed out of it?

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
thank you very much I have found a kit!! do you know where I can get a shifter kit or something like that, so I can get some really good speed out of it?

SLOW DOWN my man.....

ONE thing at a time.... get the kit and install it and work out the kinks first and fix the bugs and see how 30 miles an hour feels before you go all out!!!

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
If you are mechanically inclined and have done some reading on newbie tips and China engine build tips, then by all means go all out for a shifter bike and don't waste your time on a single speed motorized bike.

This hobby isn't rocket science which requires you to start out on a Cessna 150 before you can advance to flying the space shuttle.

Once caveat though, if you don't which end of a screw driver to pick up, do yourself a favor and buy a moped.

As for kits, I would only recommend Dax with Pirate's PK80 being a close runner up. Both vendors have an outstanding reputation for customer service and decent products. My current and only ride has a Dax engine that I've abused for the past 4 years on many mountain rides in the summer...going slow, running very hot at high throttle settings on continuous mountains grades has sold me on Dax's engine's (and using a castor oil blended oil mixture).

The only shifter kit I can recommend is the original inventor: Sick Bike Parts and make sure you spend the extra money and get the heavy duty freewheel up grade.
Good luck and if you need any helps or tips, IM or email me with your phone number and I'll gladly walk you thru the build process and show you what I've done on my bike.

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I am trying to get a motorized bike kit. I have heard that china girl is the best, but I cannot find anyone who is selling one. does anyone know where to get one? or is there a better kit that I can get?
Not true, they are ALL cheaply made, it's a crap shot and some are better then others even coming from the same manufacture.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Not true, they are ALL cheaply made, it's a crap shot and some are better then others even coming from the same manufacture.

Zoom, it's not clear to us if you're on the same page as we are about what a china girl is.

China girl isn't a brand, it's a style. All the Chinese in frame motor kits, we refer to as china girls. If that's what you mean, then most of us here agree, a china girl is the best. But having said that, there's no real agreement if any one paticular factory that makes china girl style motor bicycle kits that are best, but we do generally agree most all of them tend to be crappy quality, but not always.

You could buy 3 motor kits from the same factory, on the same day, and one might be great, one so so, and one might be a real dog. It doesn't really matter which factory we're talking about.

Last edited: