Problems with 4 stroke 49cc huasheng gearbox

GoldenMotor.com

arand18

Jan 13, 2012
Brisbane
Ok so today I was riding my bike around my backyard when I come to a stop then I go pretty hard ont he gas then I hear major revs, I get off my bike and rev some more to see what is going on but nothing happening my engine just revs. I take my bike to my work shop and take off the gear box and have a look, I fing out that the gears arnt turning the cog that is ment to turn the chain so I take it all apart put it back together put it back in the engine started her up nothing happend all and all it took me about 1 and half hours.

The thing that makes me angry is I have only had my motorised bike for about 2 months.
This is the gearbox I have is in this link.

Quality Reduction Gear Box 4 Stroke Motorized Motorised Bicycle Push Bike Engine | eBay

So what should I do buy a new one and iff so what is a better gearbox to buy.

Thanks for yor help.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Well, most of those kits are geared way too high and the clutch slips a lot until you get to about 20 mph before it locks up.
If you been riding around in your yard, the clutch is prolly burned out from constantly slipping.
With that gearbox and "yard riding" you need like a 72 tooth sprocket on the wheel.
I speak from experience, I have the same kit but with a single row chain.
The original sprocket was 44 teeth. way too tall. I changed to a 56 tooth and the top speed was still above 40 mph if the motor could rev out with a little tailwind.

Last edited:

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Take the gearbox off, remove the cover, and see if you can turn the clutch bell while keeping the output shaft from turning. If so, then it prolly IS one of the shafy keys.

How does the clutch shoes look? Can you turn the clutch assy. without turning the motor?

Edit: You can first try just removing the cover and rolling the bike to see where it's slipping. Or try the engine and watch.

Last edited:

Bruce Lee

Dec 13, 2010
California
It will most likly will be the one way bearing. My 4 stroke did the same thing. I replaced the one way bearing and it lasted one month. I then cleaned up the one way bearing and welded it into a one piece unit and let the cen. clutch act as a one way bearing. That was a year ago and I use it every day.

arand18

Jan 13, 2012
Brisbane
It will most likly will be the one way bearing. My 4 stroke did the same thing. I replaced the one way bearing and it lasted one month. I then cleaned up the one way bearing and welded it into a one piece unit and let the cen. clutch act as a one way bearing. That was a year ago and I use it every day.
Thanks I might try that hope it works

Tang

Sep 29, 2013
Indianapolis
yep, I didnt do anything to my 1 way bolt, but my clutch bell bolt broke after 10 day use. Im thing of a diff trans.

:-||

Tang

Trail life for me.