anyone else know this feeling

GoldenMotor.com

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I need to build a real beater , one I am not afraid to run year round as long as numb hands or being soaked in a downpour( doesnt bug me much ), covered in mud or dust , leaned against a building or even watching it fall over , or falling over on it or falling off it . how to describe the intense desire to Just GET OUT AN RIDE ANY WHERE ANY TIME . I havent felt like this since I was a kid going out with my uncle to the motocross races an watching him race or riding my first mini bike .
any one else know how that feels?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I can't say I'd want to see it fall over but as far as getting dirty, needing a cleaning or just being there to hop on and ride, yeah, I know the feeling. I have a bike that when it was first done and fresh paint I really babied it. Now, it has about a thousand miles on it. It has some road rash and some nicks and dings but still looks okay from twenty feet away. That's the one I like to ride. Wet streets? Mud splatters? A scratch here and there? Who cares? It starts and runs every time, it's comfy and I'm so used to it that it feels like an old shoe when I saddle up.
New builds are great, and yours is superb, but you always feel like you have 'be careful' with it. Wait a while. It might become the beater someday, after you build another one :)
Tom