Once 420 pounds, man cuts his weight in half with cycling

GoldenMotor.com

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Good story in the news, cycling related with a good outcome and did it on his own.

LEXINGTON, Ky. Five years ago, Bill Cole weighed 420 pounds, had little strength and less endurance, and generally avoided physical exercise.
Cole, 49, is a Lexington real estate consultant. Before that, he taught sociology at the University of Kentucky and Morehead State University.

"I was born with some foot problems and had a bunch of surgeries, which kind of gave me an excuse not to be active," he said. "In college, I started to get sedentary.
"I worked behind a computer, essentially lived in my car commuting to different college campuses, and ate nothing but drive-through."

Five years later, Cole has cut his weight roughly in half. He now weighs a little more than 200 pounds. He eats small portions of healthy foods only and is a hard-core bicyclist who pedals 150 miles a week, leads rides around Central Kentucky several times a week and tirelessly spreads the word that physical activity is a key to good health.
Cole never took an exercise class, never joined a spa. He says he turned his life and health around with wise eating and lots of walking and biking - and he did it on his own.

Read more: Once 420 pounds, Ky. man cut his weight in half with cycling - Wire - Lifestyle - bellinghamherald.com

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I'm pretty sure twisting a throttle would get him down to 160 easy! Ha! Good for him though. I've been busting my butt with P90x and Insanity for the past 6 months and shed 39 lbs and down to 10% body fat! Makes the MB go a lot quicker!