Yard Sales

GoldenMotor.com

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
My wife makes the rounds every week but yesterday we decided to go together, out early before it got hot, probably hit 20 or so. Yup, that's about the ratio I concluded, 20:1 to find much in the way of good stuff and the reason I don't go with her more often, lol.

Yesterday however was good, the last stop was a nice couple, moving out west selling everything. I've made a habit of asking, "got any bikes"? usually they say no, but this guy said 'oh, I almost forgot" and took me into his garage.

MB3 x 2.JPG

Identical Bridgestone MB3's, Richey Logic cromoly lugged frames, Shimano XT components, Mavic rims.
One owner, the guy bought the pair new in '89 and had been big into mountain biking but had an auto accident later so he said he stopped riding. Asked $50 for the pair and took $40 ;-)

On the way out putting them in the car his wife came up and said maybe I'd like the paperwork she had found cleaning out the house and was going to throw away....owners manuals, spec sheets and the original sales receipt, lol!

manual.JPG

Sometimes it's good to remember to ask if you're looking for something specific.

Last edited: