I love it when a 9/16 fits

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
John,
Check out the movie, 'Hearts in Atlantis' and the Western Auto cruiser in the window and then at the end of the movie. What a beauty. It's the bike I think of when I hear Western Auto.
Your find is gonna make a classic cruiser. Keep us informed on the project.
Tom

brother john

Jun 25, 2011
Indy
Thanks 2 door I love it especially the slightly rounded off nut on the back rim...tells me some kid probably grabbed a sloppy crescent wrench to tighten it down...I live in a very "well to do" town that is very bike oriented and this bike has a bit of rattyness to it that makes it stick out like a sore thumb amongst the cannodales and treks...looks like a good movie from the trailer...I'll hafta check it out although its hard for me to watch anything with Anthony Hopkins and not think of Silence o the Lambs

lezalga

Jul 15, 2011
Philippines
sir pasencya na...di ko alam kung pano mag post ng bago thread...newbie kasi...pano ba sir? tanong ko sana kung pede lagyan ng engine ang bmx type na bike...at magkano?

brother john

Jun 25, 2011
Indy
pasencya you sir ... I know pano post a new thread ... ... newbie kasi pano sir? pede question whether I would put the engine BMX type bike ... and how much? Reply With Quote

"What chew talkin' 'bout Willis?"

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man, that is a beautiful bike! The b4 and after pics are great John. Really is saving a bit of Americana.

Your thread title made me think of this. Carol's Mom broke her hip a while back and used a walker for a short time. (Tuff, tuff old bird. It embarrassed her to need one so walked around until she no longer needed it) But I was sitting on the couch lubing the wheels and when I was reassembling it with a 10mm ratcheting wrench, Carol walked past and with out looking down said; "Your favorite wrench" I don't think Carol has turned a wrench more then 20 times in her life but knew my favorite by sound! (just thought that was funny. That and I am the luckiest Son Of a Bicyclist on the planet)

Last edited: