Any help welcome

GoldenMotor.com

josh_r99

Jul 9, 2011
Ottawa Canada
I have always lived in the city so have pretty much walked or used the bus anywhere I needed to go. Now I have just moved outside the city and while waiting to drive solo I need a way into town for my new job. I have been looking into a motorized bike and so far in my price range have found this.

80cc Brodie Gas Power Bike Osgoode, Ottawa

I want to go look at it in the next couple days

I have been told buying any bike like this second hand is folly as the are built to die?

If I do go look at it what are things I should pay attention to and ask about? I know this is kind of a shot in the dark but any help would be very helpfull. And at the price off $400 would I be better off trying to buy a kit and bike and do it myself?

Truly thankfull for any help, even a snide comment as long as its funny :)

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
Hi josh_r99

Welcome . Two things , for a used bike it does seem a little pricey . You never know how much abuse it has been through . The second thing is that you can only use these bikes for transportation to a job that you don't really have to get to . For the most part these bikes are used for entertainment and joy-riding . Think about getting a brand name scooter or moped . This is my AMG Nitro . It has been converted to 90cc and would be good for a modest slow speed commute . I can cruse at 55kph all day long and I am in the 275lb range . In Canada it is registered as a moped .

This one is just like mine .

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
d.j.'s right and that a nice looking scooter. you can find a nice cheep japaneeze motorcycle or scooter for miles of trouble free transportation. good luck and stay looking one will always pop up.