Dad's BB Mini Bike Build

GoldenMotor.com

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
The Past two days I have been helping my Dad swap out the 97cc ? 2 1/2 H.P Engine on his New Mini Bike to this Monster 6 H.P Tecumseh Engine Ha- Yes it's much bigger and was hard to what dad said shoe horn in . He needs the added power to run it through grass fields at a Club he belongs to . I had to make some Tango Mods to it with Daddy Tango to make it work . It was Fun to turn wrenches with Dad again . And that Little Joker really moves out now . I bought the old New 97cc Engine off Dad to Help him out some to pay for that 6 H.P . And I have some plan for that 97cc Engines any how so it worked out well for both of us Ha- It was a Fun Day and Dad still has some steam Left in him at 73 to Build stuff COOL

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
That 6 H.P Engine has a heck of a Lot more Power then that Little 97cc Engine did Ha-Ha . I might use the 97cc on a Bike Build ? Maybe .

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tango,
Thanks for sharing that story. I always like it when sons and dads can work together on a project. He should be able to hit that tall grass now without a problem.

I didn't know the DoodleBug name was still around. My dad bought me one when I was nine, and that was a long time ago. Mine had a 2hp B&S with a kick starter. It would surely be a collector's item today.
Tom

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Here's a link to a doodle bug build up from affordable go-carts.com.

DOODLEBUG BUILD UP

I really like the bigger wheels they offer on page 2 of the build up.

These guys sell some cool 4 stroke briggs and clone engine performance parts.

My son's friend has a doodle bug and it really needs something more than the stock 97cc engine. The carburetors lack any type of adjustability and run too lean, in my opinion.

A torq-a-verter would really give that baby some real get up and go.

TiM

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
dads got a nice doodle bug ,i was wanting a 15 horse B&S vanguard v twin, but i see the 6 HP barely fits ...LOL doodle bugs are fun ...xct2

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
Man that thing is killer! What size engine is the 6hp? 200cc?
The specs I found say 195cc . I am 175 Lbs My dad over 200 Lbs and it can pull either one of us right from the start on grass Like nothing is on it . I am use to these Tecumseh Engines from way back . In My younger Days I use to remove the Governor first thing and gain an easy Horse Power But you had to now when to back off or you would Blow them up .